42

Here's a little late Christmas chapter for you guys. Happy holidays!

Waking up, there's pain instantly hitting my wrists but I know that it's just the vervain from the chains. My hunger is only growing while I'm locked up here and I might lash out.

Damon was fixing me a drink-of blood- when Klaus walked in with a big smile on his face. It only caused me to growl at him in reply. Damon then handed me the cup and I chugged it before tossing the cup aside.

"Someone's in a terrible mood today," Klaus smirked before sitting.

"Well, how about I chain you to the ground and starve you to death, maybe then I'll be better," I snapped.

"Love, it is Christmas, you must cheer up."

I only glared at him while Elijah came down with some keys. He unlocked my chains and the marks on my wrist were clearly visible.

"What are you doing brother?" Klaus asked as Elijah helped me stand.

"Well, Niklaus, Jessica has been locked up for about a week. I do think she can handle herself today," Elijah smiled down at me.

"Oh yes, for our party," Klaus replied as I took a step back, wanting some space between everybody.

"Party?" I questioned.

"It's not exactly a party. Only a small gathering, including our family, the Salvatore's, Davina, Marcellous, and I do believe Cami will make an appearance-"

"Whoa, hold the phone. Cami? Elijah I nearly killed her the second I woke up. She cannot come."

"We can protect her-"

"No! You can't. You can protect Hope, and Davina can protect herself from me. Do not allow Cami here, otherwise lock me back up."

Everyone grew silent thinking what I said through. It's not hard really, she's here, I kill her, she's not, I don't. Before anyone had the chance to reply, Rebekah came downstairs and practically dragged me back up with her.

She couldn't contain her excitement about us celebrating Christmas. She was so happy that I was out of those chains, and so was I. Once we got to my old room, which she's been using, I saw Hayley who wrapped me in a hug.

Slowly, Rebekah brought Hope forward and I immediately felt hunger, but it soon faded into love for her. I've always loved her but this overcame my hunger much to my surprise.

"Can I hold her?" I asked cautiously which made Hayley smile.

"Of course," she smiled as Rebekah handed Hope to me.

Hope started smiling and clapping which made the three of laugh at her.

"She's missed you more than you can imagine," Rebekah said. "We all have. Some more than most."

"How bad was it while I was gone?" I asked setting Hope down by her toys.

"Terrible. Let me tell you, my brothers have been with many women, but you bring the best out in all of them, which is truly incredible," she replied as Hayley handed us both some dresses.

"Really?" I questioned.

"Yes. Finn is entirely thankful you've protected him that he has changed for the better, been happier accepting that he's a vampire. Kol may have Davina, but the way the two of you look out for one another is truly amazing," she laughed as we all changed.

"Believe or not, when you were gone, the monsters were brought out in them, even the Salvatore's," Hayley commented.

I was stunned.

"Elijah is so thankful to have you back. He would've killed Freya if she hadn't gotten you out of that stone, Niklaus joining him," Rebekah nearly laughed. "They really love you."

"Well, Elijah won't once he finds out my most difficult task in order to get out of hell," I replied.

"Why?" Hayley wondered.

"It doesn't matter," Rebekah answered. "My dear brother would move heaven and earth for you, no matter what."

I only smiled and we finished getting ready together. Once we were done, we headed down stairs to see the quarter decorated and the men having some drinks.

Freya came down a few minutes later and we all had some drinks, talking to whoever was near us. Davina and Marcel came a few minutes after and the three of us did a group hug laughing.

Davina then proceeded to Kol, who had the biggest smile on his face once seeing her. Hayley handed Hope to me because she wouldn't stop moving to get to me.

We danced and laughed as the Mikaelson clan walked to do a tradition of their own. Damon walked towards me as I set Hope down who began to play with some toys.

"Gotta say, I'm glad you're back. It's been hell without you," he smiled.

I laughed. "Feels good to be back. Although there is the occasional struggle."

"Hey, if anyone can get through it, you can."

We laughed and joined the others as they talked. Glancing back to the original family, I saw Klaus staring at me with a strange look in his eye. Immediately, I turned around and continued talking to Stefan and Damon, thanking them for staying when they could be home with their friends.

That's when we heard it. The rapid heartbeat of Cami as she cautiously walked into the room. I took a deep breath and pulled her into a hug as everyone realized I could handle myself. She hugged back and sat with me on the couch.

"Sorry I almost killed you," I said. "More than once."

"Don't worry about it. It gives my life some adventure," she laughed. "How does it feel being back?"

"Different. I mean-"

"How about we dance?" Elijah asked once everyone walked back in. "I do have a good song in mind."

"I second that, brother," Klaus replied patting Elijah's back.

They started to play some music, everyone going with a partner and began dancing. It was nice, besides the nagging thought of what Rebekah had mentioned earlier while we were getting ready.

"He would've killed Freya if she hadn't gotten you out of that stone, Niklaus joining him," Rebekah nearly laughed. "They really love you."

Once the song was over, I kissed Elijah before sitting on the couch with Hope once again. They're hiding something from me. But what is it?

Hey, I was also wondering if you guys would like to start seeing sneak peeks for future chapters at the end of each chapter. Let me know in the comments.