41

Jessica POV• and it might not change

Waking up, I grip my head, groaning from a massive migraine. People instantly surrounding me, causing me to feel claustrophobic. They backed away, seeing my expression, but instead of feeling the way I should, I only felt hunger.

So, I may or may not-more of may- have fled the room, speeding into the streets to find a snack. Only problem is, I was seeing one face everywhere I went. Jackson.

Everywhere I looked, he stood there, behind the person I was planning to drink, shaming me. As I swiftly sunk my fangs into someone, I was forced off and onto the ground.

"You've got to be kidding me," I groaned standing before seeing Jackson there, blood trickling down his neck. "No. No, you're dead. I saw you-I saw you die."

"Then why am I here?" He asked.

"Get away. You're not real. I know you died, because I-I did terrible things after you left me."

"Oh, you think I'm gonna let death stop me from being in your life? You are informed, Jess."

"Go away!" I screamed as he walked closer to me.

"I'll never leave you. I made you that promise. So here I am," he smirked.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed before speeding towards him and tearing out his neck.

Pulling away, my vision of Jackson disappears and is replaced by Camille. She collapsed to the ground, struggling to breathe as I stood in shock by my actions.

What have I done? I thought before biting into my wrist and feeding Cami who began coughing, signaling she was done.

Pulling away, I speed away, knowing she's safe now. My hearts pounding as I get to the edge of  the forest, but am stopped by the one person I couldn't face in a million years.

"Jessica," Elijah started, slowly walking towards me. "I'm real. I'm here. Let me help you."

"You can't. No one can," I answered before falling to my knees.

"Listen to me," he begged kneeling beside me. "I promise you, I will help you."

"I don't know what's real and what's not. I'm so scared I'll end up killing someone."

He remained quiet as he stood, pulling me with him. Elijah then picked me up and carried me back to the compound where everyone stood staring towards me.

Reluctantly, he and Marcel chained me to the wall to keep me here and away from others. Klaus looked away, pained about something as Rebekah hugged me before Stefan handed me a blood bag.

Once everyone realized I was okay, everyone from Mystic Falls went back home, the Salvatore's being the only ones who staid to help keep an eye on me. Damon and Klaus staying downstairs with me as the others left to grab some food or watch Hope.

My hunger began to rise, Damon instantly realizing and handed me a glass of blood. Reaching for it, I hiss at the pain from the chains that were clearly soaked in vervain.

"Easy there love, don't want to hurt yourself," Klaus smirked.

"Oh shut it," I grumbled pushing the glass away.

"Well, if you hadn't killed Mikael, none of this would've happened," Damon commented kneeling beside me.

"If I hadn't killed Mikael, he would be alive," I replied. "And hell would break loose.....again."

"Probably, but now you're in more pain than needed."

As I was about to reply, I saw Jackson in the corner smirking evilly, the opposite of who he really is....was. Klaus seemed to notice something was off as he stood, looking in the direction I was staring.

"Whatever you're seeing love, it's not there," Klaus spoke softly.

"Where's Elijah?" I asked closing my eyes.

"Oh sister, you killed him, remember?" Jack questioned as I opened my eyes to see a dead Elijah on the ground.

"Get out of my head," I spat-teeth gritted.

"I'll always be with you."

"Get out of my head!" I screamed.

I began mashing out, wrapping the chains around his neck, only to be shoved back into the wall, it cracking slightly.

"Jessica," Elijah pleaded-except he's not dead. He's kneeling beside me, holding my face in his hands. "It's not real. Whatever it is you see, it's not there."

Looking into his eyes, I believe him and slowly calm down. As I hesitantly tear my gaze from his, I see an unconscious Damon on the ground with a burn mark on his neck, caused from the vervain.

They moved his body upstairs while Elijah sat on the ground beside me, helping me remain calm. Stefan and Kol came down after, helping Elijah, because apparently I need fifty freakin babysitters. However, that's good because who knows what I'll do while I'm like this.