20

Once I arrive by in New Orleans, I'm pulled aside immediately, staying hidden. Looking at who it was, I saw Josh and sighed in relief, punching his arm for scaring me. He led me through a secret passage to get me to the compound.

When we arrived, I saw Marcel and hugged him, thankful to see the man. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling away after a minute to keep me quiet until we went upstairs.

As we walked in, Marcel shut the doors quickly and we stood before the Mikaelson clan, as I awaited the news.

"The wolves are trying to take over this city. Mostly by taking out vampires," Nik explained.

"You're the original hybrid, you can't scare them off?" I questioned sitting on the couch beside Hayley and the baby.

"They threatened to kill Olly," Hayley whispered.

"What do they want?" I asked slowly getting angry.

"That's what we don't know, but were hoping you could find out," Elijah spoke softly.

"I'll do it," I immediately said.

They gave me the plan and I began walking out. As I reached the center of the compound, someone grabbed my arm, stopping me.

I turned and saw Elijah looking at me worried. I gave a small smile.

"Be careful," he said.

"No promises," I joked but stopped when I saw his face. "I promise Elijah."

Without even thinking, I gave him a sweet, gentle kiss on the lips, then sped away to fin the wolves without looking back.

I walked through the empty town, teasing them.

"Here wolfies. Come out, come out, wherever you are," I taunted with a small smile playing at my lips.

I heard movement behind me, and slowly turned to face the alpha. She had a wicked grin as she stared me down. 

She whistled, as a signal to her pack, who all came out of their hiding spots, with their own smiles.

"Why are you trying to take over New Orleans?" I asked with my hands in my jacket pockets.

"Trying? Oh honey, we are taking over New Orleans," she laughed.

"Okay, well you see that's gonna be hard. You know, with the original family and all," I smiled. "But go ahead and try. It will be fun to watch you get slaughtered."

"You mean like how you helped slaughter us?" She asked causing my smile to fall. "You went against your own family for the Mikaelson's."

"I went against my family to save a teenage girl who my family captured. And that's not my family. Because they would never hurt a kid for anything."

"Not even for the ability to never turn on a full moon again?"

"What do you want from me?"

"Sweety, you're the one who came to us. So what do you want from us?"

"Don't you ever threaten my family again," I threatened speeding to her face. "Because I can promise you, it won't end well."

"Bring him out boys!" She called instead of replying to my threat, however never breaking contact.

As I turned, I saw her minions drag out a beaten Olly. I go to race to his side, but am stopped by her minions restraining me.

"And now, you can watch the man who's been in love with you his whole life, die," she whispered in my ear before walking to Oliver's side.

My eyes widen and I try to fight my way to protect him, as he slowly, painfully opens his eyes to look at me.

He gave a half smile before the alpha shoved her hand into his chest, quickly ripping it out with his heart in her hand.

"No!" I yelled crying.

I broke free from their grasp and ran to Olly's side, crying as I stared into his blank eyes. I collapsed onto his body, uncontrollably crying hearing footsteps grow farther away.

When the sun rose, I was sitting on my knees, holding Olly's hand to my heart, crying, my body shaking horrendously. I heard footsteps walking closer, but couldn't move.

"Jessica," Elijah whispered, placing a hand on my shoulder as I sat there crying and staring at Oliver.

He tried moving me, but I shook him off.

"No," I said never looking away. "I can't leave him. Elijah, i c-can't."

"You're not, love," another voice spoke. "I'll take him to the compound."

Still I refused. I felt warm hands on my shoulders hoist me up and I fought, breaking their neck in an instant. I looked down and saw Marcel, and felt guilty, but only took back my place of holding Olly's hand, sitting, and crying.

After hearing the brothers sigh, Elijah picked me up, Klaus immediately grabbing Olly's body, speeding us to the compound.

When we arrived, I probably looked like a mess, Olly's blood on my hands and I jumped out of Elijah's arms, sitting next to the blond again.

Jackson and Hayley came down soon after, Jackson falling by my side and Hayley sliding down the wall.

The Mikaelson's, took a minute before they walked out, realizing we need time to grieve. Jack put an arm around me, as we cried over Olly.

I kissed his hand, placing it back on my heart before standing, and placing his arms over his chest.

I kept crying as I took a shower, and got ready to carrying him to the bayou.

We left after that, the brothers coming with us, and took Oliver home. After the ritual, we carefully placed him in a canoe, placed his old slingshot by his side, then pushed him out into the river.

Jackson shot an arrow with fire on it, targeting Olly's body. Once the fire-where Oliver used to be- faded into oblivion, with all of us crying, I left before everyone had a drink.

When I arrived back at the compound, someone sped in front of me, pulling me into a tight hug. Nothing will ever be the same.

We need this city back.