44

Silence surrounds me as I concentrate on the woods, the animals in them. Elijah stands behind me, hands on my waist, prepared to hold me back from any attack on a human if they were to cross our path.

Taking deep breaths, I listen closely, imagining my prey. The second I hear a deer, I sped towards it, sinking my teeth into its neck, killing it instantly. When I finished, Elijah came towards me, a small smile playing on his lips as he held out a handkerchief.

Laughing a bit, I take it and wipe my mouth, trying to rid of the blood.

"I can't help but notice you're keeping something from me," Elijah commented leaning against a tree.

"Don't worry, Elijah, I'm only trying to come back to reality," I replied.

"There were bits and pieces, some of us saw in your head, the pain you went through-"

"I'm sorry Elijah, but I don't want to relive it. It's too much," I interrupted looking away from him.

"I understand, truly, but I need you to know that I'm here when you are ready to talk," he spoke making me look towards him.

I smile a little before he leaned in and as we were about to kiss, there was a small cough. Looking that way, we see Klaus who smirked a little before we really saw blood dripping from his chin.

Not soon after, he pulled out a man, who was clearly fading in and out of consciousness, blood freely pouring from his neck. Elijah and I stiffened, the smell overpowering me and I nearly leapt but Elijah held me back.

"What are you doing here, Niklaus?" Elijah demanded as I faced away from the situation.

"Only trying to help," he replied as I heard the body fall to the ground. "Come on love, how are you to learn without any practice?"

 "Come on love, how are you to learn without any practice?"

"Do not taunt her, brother-"

But it was too late. My lust had taken over and I drained the rest of the mans blood from his body. Slowly standing, my heart begins racing as I look at what I've done.

Almost immediately, Elijah is by my side, trying to soothe me as Klaus stands at a distance smirking, proud at watching me fail at trying to hold onto my humanity.

"You bastard!" I screamed speeding towards him and slapping him. "Why would you do this to me?!"

He didn't respond, so I shove him back with all my strength. Klaus finally registers what he's done and looks at me apologetically. Not giving him a chance to answer, I kick him back down to the ground, where I continued to beat him.

"Tell me!"

"Jessica, you need to calm down," Elijah spoke, throwing me off of his brother.

"You wanna know what I've been keeping from you Elijah? I had to kill you in order to get out of that hell. Do you get it? I had to rip your heart from your chest to escape my mind and come back here where the same thing is bound to happen," I exploded. "You want me to calm down? You want me to be honest? Well there it is."

Both brothers looked to me in shock. Elijah soon tried to comfort me, but I shoved him off, speeding away-out of the forest and towards the highway.

Blood dropped down my chin and covered my shirt. If anyone saw me, who knows what they're do? So, I gathered myself up and began walking to quarter.

Just as I got outside, I felt a lingering presence and turned to see one of Marcel's men following me.

"Is there a reason you're stalking me?" I questioned, glaring at him.

"You're Jessica, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, so?"

"This is for my family," he said before speeding towards me, about to shove a needle into my neck.

I quickly dodge, throwing him into a wall. Speeding towards him, I break his hand, causing him to scream out in pain. It only motivates the stranger to shove his free hand through my chest, gripping my heart.

Gasping, I let go of my hold, grabbing his hand, trying to move it. He only smirks before I feel a sharp pain in my neck and black out.