43

It's been surprisingly peaceful in New Orleans, the only problem was saying goodbye to the Salvatore brothers. After saying goodbye to Stefan, he walked away to say goodbye to everyone else as Damon and I walked away to part ways.

"It definitely won't be the same without you, I can tell you that," I smiled sadly.

"I know, but always remember I'm only a phone call away," he smiled back.

"I feel like you're always helping us, and thank you for that. If you ever need any help, don't hesitate to call."

"Promise."

We hugged and walked back to the group. Elijah wrapped an arm around my waist as we said our final goodbyes to the two brothers and they left.

"It's gonna be boring without them," Rebekah stated causing me to laugh.

"Rebekah, nothing is boring with you or your family," I answered earning a few chuckles. "I'm gonna go for a walk."

"Would you like some company?" Elijah asked, stepping forward.

"Thanks, but I could use some alone time. Besides, you guys probably have some business to attend to here," I smiled before placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

Right after, I speed out and towards the place I wanted to avoid the most. The cemetery. My heart hurt as I slowly walked towards Jacks grave. They buried him while my humanity was off, Hayley couldn't handle the pain of having him where he didn't belong, so she took care of it.

 They buried him while my humanity was off, Hayley couldn't handle the pain of having him where he didn't belong, so she took care of it

"Hey, Jack," I whispered kneeling in front of his grave. Tears welling in my eyes. "I'm...I'm back, again." I staid silent for a minute before grabbing a paper from my back pocket. "I, uh, I have something for you. Something you gave me as kids."

"The note you gave me when I thought that I wasn't really part-part of the family," I continued tearing falling down my cheeks

"The note you gave me when I thought that I wasn't really part-part of the family," I continued tearing falling down my cheeks. "You said that I was your sister-no matter what, and to never doubt that," I barely smiled, letting out a shaky breath. "I'm so-so sorry, Jackson. I let you down. You asked me to do one thing, and I-I couldn't do it. I'm so sorry I disappointed you."

"You could never disappoint me," a voice replied.

I looked up and saw Jack, and cried even more as he knelt beside me.

"How am I seeing you right now?" I questioned.

"You fought so hard against the evil me that was stuck in your head, but now I'm who you've always thought I was. I'm back to being me."

"You have to go, don't you?"

"Yeah, I do. But I'll always be watching over you. I promise," he replied.

"Please don't leave me," I cried. "I can't do this without you."

"I'm sorry. But you have everyone by your side. I love you, Jessica."

"Bye, Jack," I whispered staring at his grave, while wiping my tears away. "I love you, so much."

I placed my hand to my lips, then to the grave. As one last goodbye.

Slowly, I stood up, and began walking out of the cemetery, seeing Elijah standing there

Slowly, I stood up, and began walking out of the cemetery, seeing Elijah standing there. I wiped the rest of the tears away and smiled towards him, walking towards him.

"Hey," I smiled as he gave me a hug.

"How are you?" He asked worriedly. "You've been strange since coming back-"

"I'm fine, Elijah, I promise," I interrupted pulling away. "What're you doing here anyways?"

"I wanted to make sure you were okay," he looked down at me before placing a kiss to my lips gently.

I kissed back as his hands held my face and mine were on his waist. He pulled away soon, and we walked back to the compound where Klaus saw us and immediately smiled.

"I'm gonna go shower," I said, Elijah kissing the side of my head.

The two nodded before I walked upstairs to my room and turned the water on. That's when it hit me, after everything Rebekah said, and what he's done for me and his family, I can't believe I didn't see it before.

Klaus loves me.