17

After a day of recovery, it was time to get back in the game. With this family, there's always something that needs fixing. Today it decides to rain, so while pretty much the entire community is in hiding, I'm standing in the middle of the quarter, letting the rain drip down my body.

I felt eyes on me and I smiled, knowing who it was. Instead of commenting, I just continued to stand there with a sloppy grin on my face.

"Jessica, what are you doing?" Elijah asked still under an awning.

"Appreciating the rain," I laughed. "Ever since I was a kid, I've loved the rain."

"And you feel the need to stand in it?"

"But of course. The rain washes away the bad, and when the sun comes back out, everybody gets a new start," I said facing him.

"I must be honest, I have never thought of it that way," he laughed rubbing his chin.

"Come here," I said as he stood still. "Come here. It won't hurt you."

I walked over and grabbed his hands, pulling him into the water. "Now close your eyes," I commanded.

"Why-"

"Just, trust me, okay?" He nodded. "Close your eyes."

He did and the water stuck to his body causing him to smile. I leant my head back and stood also, allowing the water to run down my body.

Opening my eyes, I saw Elijah staring at me causing me to blush slightly, but continue to have a smile. After patting his shoulder, I walk upstairs and take a shower.

After it, I heard something from Hayley's room and go to inspect it. Opening the door, I see people trying to take her.

Immediately I run in and try to help, but was thrown out the room with my neck snapping as I landed against the wall.

Waking up, I groan and see I'm on the couch in Klaus's study. The boys look at me exepectantly, waiting for answers to go their way.

"I guess they took her?" I asked sitting up.

"Who is they?" Klaus asked urgently.

"The witches," I replied standing and walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Elijah asked.

"Well, since I'm the freakin key to multiple things, they probably need me. But, you have to stay," I said. "Both of you."

"No! They have Hayley, who is due any moment with my child, do not tell me to stay behind!" Klaus yelled.

"They're expecting you to go, not me. If you go right now, you're giving them what they want. I'm going, contact Davina to see if she can stall them for only a moment, then come. But you have to wait until it's dark," I ordered then left.

Arriving at the church, I hear Hayley screaming and race inside to see the witches trying to have her give birth. I run over and bite into one of their necks, dropping the body to let her drain out of blood.

The others took notice and sent me flying back into the pews, each breaking until a piece of wood went through my stomach.

The witches stopped torturing me and went back to Hayley who was crying from her contractions. After a minute, I finally got the wood out of my body and gained back some strength. I quickly raced back over to her when a witch did a spell, causing me to feel like my brain was exploding, so I gripped my head and fell to the floor groaning.

The witches took a break from Hayley, realizing the baby wasn't gonna come out for a couple hours and focused on me. Hayley was trying to stand and help, but one look from me, she stopped and laid back down.

Before the witches could do anything else to me, the doors to the church went flying off the hinges and towards the witches themselves.

Looking behind me, I saw the brothers storming in clearly pissed off. I slowly stood up and began to fight with the brothers right behind me.

My hand was around one of their hearts when I was magically ripped away from her, as she stood still. How is she still alive?

A woman went to stand at Hayley's feet as the boys were sent to a wall and I was stuck on the floor.

"We need her blood!" A witch exclaimed. "Get it now!"

They stalked towards me as I tried to crawl back, weak from the fight. They didn't hesitate to cut my skin and draw out blood, filling it in a vial.

My skin healed and they walked back to Hayley, my blood in their hands trying to get her baby.

"Kill her," the witch who was pretending to be the doctor said to her friends.

I tried to stand to fight, but was pushed down by magic to stay on the floor. Looking up, I saw a stake in one hand and her other out, keeping me trapped.

To be honest, I began to cry a little from fear, and from the fact that I'm going to die in the middle of a fight with my brother and best friend. In this moment all I could do was picture our childhood together.

'Thats no fair. You cheated,' I said when I was eight. 'You always cheat.'

'Jess, I never cheat,' Oliver replied.

'You and my either always cheat. You pretend to not find each other and then go look for me.'

'Jessica, it's just a game. Why are you so upset right now?'

Snapping back into reality, I see the witch was standing right above me and I laid my head back, awaiting my fate. Looking up, I saw Klaus with a tear or two falling from his eyes as Elijah couldn't look at me.

"Thank you," I whispered to them before the stake was driven through my heart.

I felt my body grow weak with every passing second and soon enough, my final tear escaped before it was dark.