10

Kol led us to different areas where we could hide. Being a vampire, I wasn't running out of breath, but Davina on the other hand was.

We stopped so she could catch her breath, just managing to get out of a monsters reach. We saw a shadow slowly coming towards us, Kol and I bracing ourselves for a fight.

As we faced the creature Kol recognized her, immediately taking a step back. "Mom," he whispered.

"Hello my son. And you must be the famous Jessica Kenner. My dear Elijah is very find of you," she said walking towards me.

"Mother, get them out of here, please," Kol begged.

"Now why would I do such a thing?" She questioned. "She's the key to-"

"Mother! If you by any chance still are about your children, you will help them," he yelled. "Send her and her friend back. It will help them and me."

"Oh my child. I cannot let a vampire go back into that-"

"Then put Davina back," I begged. "If you return her, you can keep me here. Please, save her."

The woman groaned but did as I asked sending Davina back to the world of the living. Kol stood by me, grabbing my hand before we ran to go back into hiding.

We didn't make it very far, his mother using her magic to separate us. Kol was sent flying to a wall, me being dragged magically by an invisible force back to the original witch.

When I reached her feet, she smirked down at me before raising me to my feet. Kol was crawling to us, but was pushed back by magic as the wind here picked up.

"I'm sorry my girl, but you're the key. If I have you, I'm unstoppable."

"Key to what?"

All of a sudden, she disappeared and I sat up gasping realizing I came back from the other side. Elijah and Davina look at me worriedly, as I stand up.

"No. No, no, no, no, no. You have to send me back," I pleaded staring at Davina.

"Are you insane? I barely got you out," Davina declared standing up.

"She was about to tell me something. Davina, she was going to give me the answer. Send me back," I exclaimed standing as well.

"Who was going to tell you what?" Elijah asked speaking up.

"Your mom was going to tell me what I'm the key to," I said staring at Davina. "Send me back."

"I can't. If you go back, you'll die for sure this time."

"Kol will help me. You saw what he risked for us. Besides-"

"Kol? My brother?" Elijah asked again.

"Yes," I groaned. "Davina, if you don't send me back, I will find a witch who will."

"Then find another witch."

I sped out, angry. First I go to the other side to help the girl, but when I ask for help, it's an immediate no. I kick a wall to let out some of my anger when Elijah came by me.

When I finished my rant, I faced him huffing. He stood silent as I calmed myself down. "Don't try to stop me," I said. "I'm going to do it no matter what."

"Jessica I'm afraid I can't let that happen. How about we go back to the quarter and forget about this?"

"I can't, I have stuff to do," I replied walking passed him.

He grabbed my arm, pulling me close staring into my eyes. Just that look made me change my mind, but I couldn't let him know that.

Elijah literally dragged me back to the quarter, throwing me onto a pile of the broken wood I left here when I had my freak out.

Groaning when I land on my back, I begin to laugh. Standing, I prepare myself for whatever he has to throw at me for when I try to leave.

We fought hard against each other, him constantly throwing me into one of my messes. With the last one he did, I landed on my stomach, a piece of wood through it.

Slowly I stand, pulling it out of my abdomen. I quickly turn, throwing it at Elijah who barely makes it in time to move passed it.

I step, but feel something weird begin to happen. I fall to the ground on my knees, gasping and holding my side.

Elijah rushes to my aide, where I smile and flip him over onto a stake which drove through his back. He gasped staring at me in shock.

"Sorry Elijah, but if I'm the key to something, I wanna know what I'm the key to," I sighed.

After kissing his head, I went to the devil herself. She seemed surprised to see me, but once I told her what I wanted she agreed.