37

Right now I'm standing in front of my grandmothers grave in the cemetery, my arms folded across my chest, Jacks letter in hand. I have stopped crying and have been taking slow-deep breaths, all my memories haunting me.

Finn went back to the compound to tell everyone about me, while Elijah carefully stood a few feet away. My mind was elsewhere, not realizing Elijah was moving closer until I turned to look at him.

He gently placed a hand on my arm, as a way to comfort me, but I only looked back to the grave. Everything I've done, how am I alive? How am I supposed to live with myself?

"Jessica," Elijah whispered. "You mustn't blame yourself for what's happened."

"There's no one else to blame Elijah. It's my fault. All of it," I replied still facing away.

"Jessica-"

"Elijah, don't. I can't do this," I interrupted. "I can't live with what I did, I'm just asking for some space. Just so I can think this stuff through."

"Anything for you," he murmured kissing my head causing a tear to fall down my cheek.

However, fate had a different idea. Elijah fell to the ground, neck broken as Mikael showed up. He smirked before grabbing me by the neck and throwing me through a pillar.

My head pounded as I gasped for air, not able to breathe. I looked up into the sky, but not too long because Mikael came and picked me up, biting viciously into my neck, before dragging me out of the cemetery-leaving his son on the ground.

My blood was freely flowing from my neck as I was dragged to the compound where the entire gang was there. He made a noise causing everyone to turn our way and Klaus looked pissed, while everyone else looked extremely worried.

"Get on your knees," Mikael demanded as I began fading in and out of consciousness.

Klaus only looked at me in slight fear, but I only took a deep breath and closed my eyes, preparing for my fate.

My mind traveled to Dahlia's and she wasn't prepared to see me.

"I need the weapon now, Dahlia," I exclaimed running in front of her.

"It's not ready. You could die in the process-"

"I don't care! Give it to me now! He's attacking!"

She handed it to me right before giving another warning. I only ignored her, holding the weapon tight to my chest, going back to where I belonged.

Once I snapped back into reality, Mikael threw me through one of the many glass doors, as Klaus raced towards him angrily. After rolling over and groaning, I managed to stand and see everyone fighting for me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Esther just watching as her husband attacked her children.

I sped towards her, stake to her chest, holding her against me.

"Stop!" I yelled gaining everyone's attention.

"No!" Freya yelled as Marcel held her back.

"I will kill her if you hurt any of them," I threatened-slowly walking us to him.

"And what makes you think I want her alive?" He questioned.

"No matter what she's done, you've been by her side. You attacked when I took her and your son away."

"Don't be foolish girl," he spat.

With him distracted, I quickly threw Esther aside and raced to Mikael, shoving the stake into his chest. He gasped, but wasn't dying yet. He pulled it out of his chest, tossing it aside before smirking evilly towards me.

"Dahlia knew it wouldn't work, so she cursed it," I spoke quickly and smiled when his face dropped hearing the name.

"Who? Who did you say?"

"Dahlia. The woman your wife sent me to. We're friends now. In fact, she's helping me kill you and I get the honor of sending her your wife."

"That cannot be," I heard Freya say behind me. "Whatever it is she's told you, it's a lie. She only wants power."

"And I'm giving it to her," I replied staring at Mikael. "She's giving me the power to kill Mikael, and all I have to do is hand over Esther."

Mikael hissed and began fighting me. The guys were by my side in an instant as I fought against Mikael with the best of my abilities. Just as I was thrown back, Elijah came racing in, flipping Mikael onto his back, hand on his heart.

He was about to pull it out when Freya held out her hand and used her magic to take Elijah off of Mikael. Looking to my side, I saw the one thing that could kill Mikael and grabbed it.

With Freya distracted, I raced to Mikael who shoved his own makeshift stake into my heart, causing me to fall to the ground. He leant over me smirking, but not for long. With the amount of strength I had left, I shoved Dahlias stake through his heart, killing him.

My heart was pounding and I could feel myself weaken. Freya had stopped hurting Elijah and he raced to my side, yanking out the stake, which didn't help. Tears were falling freely from my face as I saw everyone gather around me-trying to help.

"E-Elijah," I whispered.

"I'm here. We're going to save you," he replied with tears in his eyes.

"I-I love y-you," I whispered.

He closed his eyes and bent his head towards mine, giving me a final kiss before the rest of my body shut down and darkness consumed me.