Dangerous Prince: The Choice (chap 18)

Start from the beginning

Ah, she found out the truth. That explains why her eyes look at me in disgust. "Don't you love me?" I asked in a low tone.

"I don't love you... and I never will," she said indignantly.

"I know that you are the real servatrix... if you come with me I can save you unlike Ethan." Now that the demons were already sure that the real servatrix was Ely, I feel more distraught. Ely was in danger because the demons want her dead.

"I don't want to be saved by you."

I clenched my teeth and looked at Ethan. "Let's talk."

"Just leave." Ethan said callously.

"I have something very important to tell." I went beside Ethan and whispered, "Ely will die after the ritual. If you really want to save her, then follow me to the greenhouse."

It was a lie but Ethan seemed to believe it because he gulped and looked at Ely nervously. I know that after the ritual Ely will be an angel too. I heard my father saying it to Zena when we were still young. But then again, I had to lie. This was part of my plan... and also King Gavin's.

This morning I succeed in my plan. I was able to convince King Gavin to cooperate on my plan. I told King Gavin when, where and on what time the demon will attack the angels. I told him all the demons' plans and in exchange, he promised to me that he would not tell Ethan what would happen to Ely if she performed the ritual.

I wanted Ethan to think that Ely will die after the ritual.

"Don't listen to him!" Ely screamed.

"Stay here." he ordered. "I will be back after a few minutes."

"Where are you going?"

"Kira and I have to talk."

Great. He believed in me. Everything was going according to my plan.

I went to the greenhouse and seconds later, Ethan arrived.

"Ely will die?" Ethan asked, a hint of alarm in his voice.

"Yes," I answered and moved closer to him. "If you want to save her... you have to abduct her."

************************************************************************

The sun was starting to set and Analee was still not here. Damn it! Where could she be? I asked the house cleaner if she was able to give my letter to Analee and she said yes so why the hell was she not here! Two hours! I had been waiting for her for two hours!

I picked up small stones and started throwing them on the lake just to kill time. One... two... three stones... four... five... damn! Where the hell is she?

"Sorry, I'm late..." Analee panted. She suddenly materialized in front of me, making me step back in surprise. "I was too busy talking to Lachlan..."

That hit it! She was with Lachlan again! She was with another man! She was mine! She was supposed to be at my side always! Damn it! I never thought that I could be this possessive with the girl I love! "Why are you with him - again?! I told you to meet me here at exactly four o'clock! You are two hours late!"

She put her hands on her waist and gave me a smug look. "I said I'm sorry, okay? Why are you so angry at me - again?! And why do you want to talk to me?"

"I'm supposed to give you my answer today, remember?" I hissed. Damn, I had to control my anger - and jealousy.

Analee sneered. "So now, you are willing to give me an answer! Ha! I thought you were just kidding me when you said yesterday that you'll give me an answer today!"

"If you don't want to hear my answer then I'll just leave," I said through clenched teeth. I spun on my heel and started walking away. A had taken a few steps away from her when I heard her say wait. I turned around and fought hard not to smile when I saw her face flushed with anger.

She was so beautiful when she was angry.

"Yes," I whispered. The moment I said the word I felt better. I felt free. It was as if the chains that had been used to lock my heart had been broken into pieces by that simple word... and now it was easier to breathe. Easier to move.

Analee scowled. "What do you mean by that?"

"Yes. I. Love. You." I said each word clearly and slowly. I crossed the distance between us and stopped only a few inches from her. "I love you."

She opened her mouth and then closed it. She shook her head and then stepped back a little. "Do you really mean it?"

I stepped closer again. "I mean it!" What was wrong with her? Her reaction puzzled me. She was supposed to hug me and say that she loves me too!

"Really?"

Urgh! "Of course! Why is it so hard for you to believe me?"

She stepped back again and licked her dry lips. "Lachlan told me that you already know that I am the frontterra."

I steeped forward again and cursed Lachlan silently. "So?"

Urgh! She stepped back again and looked up to me through her lashes. "Aren't you just saying this to me because you are afraid that I'll kill you if you say 'no'?"

Frustrated, I stepped closer to her again. "If I am afraid of dying then I should have told my father that you are the frontterra because believe me, if he found out that I already knew who is the real frontterra he'll kill me the most brutal way for not telling it to him." And before she could take another step back I added, "If you step back again I swear I'll tie you on the nearest tree until you believe me that I really love you!"

I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly. I missed her so much. I just saw her yesterday but I already missed her! Damn! I missed her sweet lavender scent, her long silky hair and oh - so - soft skin. I wanted to hold her forever in my arms like this!

"You love me..." she breathed out.

"Yes... do you love me too?" I asked as I kiss her forehead.

"Of course!" she said indignantly. "I love you! I love you! I love you!"

I hugged her closer to me - if it was even possible because I think I was crushing her. I loved the way in which she said that she loved me! I loved everything about her! I moved my face away from her a little so that I could look into her blue eyes. To my relief, she was not crying... just smiling widely at me.

"Stay with me always... never leave me..." I murmured and moved my lips a bit closer to hers.

"I'll try," she answered.

And before I could speak another word she tiptoed, wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled my face closer to hers until our lips finally met.

***************************************************************************

tell me watcha think! and vote!

thanks for reading!

^_^