Laced - Chapter 54 (The Riverwalk)

Start from the beginning

"Because," he said lowly, so only I could hear. "In case the new girl needs comforting or reassurance or something, another girl would be best at handling that kind of situation. And Perrie just so happens to be another girl."

I open my mouth to protest, but then stop. He was right. "Fine." I turn to Jillian, whose hand rested on Abby's arm, as if she was trying to reassure herself that Abigail was real and that she had finally left the horrid situation she was in. "Jillian, you're going to go with Niall, and Perrie."

The dark haired slave lets go of Abby, cautiously approaching Niall and Perrie.

Perrie gives her a reassuring smile, and then steps closer to Jillian.

"Alright Jill," I start, "you're going to go with them. You are to follow all orders from Niall, who'll get you situated and explain all the rules and tour the place once you get there. Alright?"

She nods, and Perrie leads her to the backseat, whispering something so that only Jill could hear as she did so.

When they both were in the vehicle, and the door closed, Niall turned to me. "Do you need us to drop you off anywhere?"

I look to Abby, who stood silently a few feet away from me. With a flick of my hand, I motion for her to come nearer, and then shake my head at Niall. "No, I think we'll be good. I have the car in a garage not too far away from here, and I'm going to spend the rest of the day out. I'll be at the mansion tonight, though. Just take Jillian and do as I said."

Mindlessly, I take Abigail's hand into mine and pull her closer to me.

"Alright," Niall nods, slipping his hands into his pockets. "Will do, Sir. I'll see you tonight."

I give him an affirming nod, and he turns away and gets inside of the black Range Rover.

When it's out of our sight, I turn to Abigail, whose hand was still in mine as she stood silently. "What do you want to do now?"

Her shoulders come up and down. "I don't know. Anything."

I put my hand up to my face, trying to remember a place where I could take Abby.

"I think there's a place you'd like." I say suddenly. "But we'd have to walk back and get the car to go to it -it's too far to walk to it. You want to?"

"Of course. I don't mind." She says, a hint of a smile forming on her lips.

"Alright then, let's go. I have a feeling you'll like it." I tell her, and then pull her to follow after me.

--

It was about half past noon when we reached the car. I advised Abigail to change into the tennis shoes she'd packed, and she immediately agreed because apparently flats aren't the best things to walk in for long distances - not that I knew how that felt.

The Riverwalk wasn't too crowded when we reached there, so I easily found a parking spot. Fast forward about six hours or so, and this place would be crammed. But luckily for us, it was mostly empty, except for a few random people.

The Riverwalk was one of the main attractions in the middle of the City. It was a man-made river of a couple miles or so, and on each side of the river were pots of different flowers, palm trees, restaurants, and souveiner shops. The walkways were made of old stones, all of it adding to the whole environment of the place.

Also, there were places where the river flowed into different fountains; the entire area was scenic and perfect for picture taking.

I studied Abigail's face closely as she took in the entire scenery, her face lighting up and her lips pulling upwards into a smile. The sunlight shone across her face, bringing out the different shades of browns in her hair and the blues in her eyes.