"Well~ Usually I wouldn't care about humans feelings. But this," He put a hand on his chest, "Hits close to home."
"The course of true love never did run smooth."* He put in a dramatic poise into his words, emphasizing everything. (Y/n) sat watching with a blank face.

"(Y/n)-chan, let me tell you something." He then said.

"Why am I suddenly afraid?" She mumbled. She then took in a surprising change in Lawless expression. He turned serious, staring straight into her (e/c) eyes. "Your mind and your heart are telling you differently right? You want to love but you're afraid." He said. She felt taken aback from this seriousness coming from him.

"Let tell you, even if you're afraid. The moments you spend with your loved one are the best moments of your life. You'll feel like you're on top of the world. And you're both humans, it'll be easier to communicate your feelings to each. I feel like I can tell you my secret now." He said closing his eyes. "(Y/n)-chan, did you know I fell in love with a human?" He asked. She sprung up, now her attention had been caught. A human and vampire fell in love? She gazed at the pained face in front of her suddenly feeling a pang in her chest.

"It was a love that would never, but I still fell hard. But unfortunately fate had other plans, and like that I had her taken away from me. I miss her everyday, and I condemned humans for taking her away. But then I got some sense knocked into me by Licht-tan. He changed me. And I've had time to think, those times I spent with her are moments I don't regret. So it's up to you, but I suggest just giving him a chance." He finished his explanation finally pulling away this mask he had put on for so long. It felt refreshing really. And (Y/n) had started getting ready eyed again, feeling his words push into her brain to combat her own thoughts. She felt a knot in her throat, it hurt to swallow. But she allowed a smile to appear on her face.

"Thank you Hyde-san, you gave me something else to think about." She said, feeling greatful. Lawless winked with a grin.

"Of course! I'm your guys' Cupid after all~" He said. But then fake tears appeared in his eyes, letting out a little mumble "But now I'll definitely turn into a minor character and third wheel."

"What was that?"

"Nothing (Y/n)-chan! Well I should be heading out!"

"Nothing~ well I should head now!" He said already waving by the door. She waved back, "Ok. Thank you Hyde-san really." She said shooting a smile. A very bright one, he paused for a moment before escaping through the door, and leaving (Y/n) blinking. Behind the door he held a hand to his chest, "Her smile is so powerful. Licht-tan's lucky to land someone so nice." He said straining through his words. He finally had ran down the hall to escape back to Mahiru's apartment.

(Y/n) had retreated back to her room, laying down silently. "What do I want?" She whispered. She knew the answer but she still had to ask. She needed to be really sure, and combat this illogical fear in her. He was always so confident, sure in what he wanted. He sounded so genuine with her, it really wasn't fair for her to dismiss him. She rubbed her face and closed her eyes, surely she could faintly see Licht at the end of the darkness. With a few moments she began typing away at her phone sending a text to Mahiru.

Mahiru-san, if Licht's there can you tell him I need to see him?

She set her phone down, before curling on top her bed. A lot of emotional stress weighed on her and she finally fell asleep.
------------------------------------------

Licht had walked throughout the streets of the city, at night. Having the need to clear his head he went all the way back to an empty hall. He managed to get the place to himself, sitting himself down in the seat before the grand piano. Letting his fingers hover over the keys, he took a moment, to just let his stress clear. He became lighter finally letting his fingers press various keys inventing a melody. With dissatisfaction he paused, his lips becoming a thin line. Finally he had a thought and started experimenting with notes.
----------------------------------------

It had been a few hours before Mahiru had checked his phone, rooming with a few other people, who had also stayed at his home for more than a few hours; really started to weigh in on his cleaning. "Ugh, I'm too tired to even yell at Kuro to keep this place clean for once." He said sagging on his couch. He finally saw the text from (Y/n) raising a brow.

Uh, sure (Y/n)-chan.

Then he wondered, where did Licht go? And what happened when he went to meet her? He seemed to be in the dark, and it strengthened his curiosity. His head turned when he saw Licht enter through the doorway.

"Oh hey there Licht-san. Where were you?"

"Out." Mahiru could never get used to Licht's blunt tone. So he cleared his throat awkwardly, "Right. By the way, (Y/n)-chan texted. She says she wants to see you." He explained and Licht froze before he could walk away.

"Now?"

"Well she didn't say. It's been a few hours since she sent the text, I guess she fell asleep." Mahiru surmised and then turned to him, "Did something happen?"

"Nothing. Just let her rest." Licht said abruptly ending all conversation. He felt tired himself, everything started weighing on him. He just wanted some rest, to not feel the heaviness in his heart for a moment. "I'm going to stay over at your place." He said then walking to a stray room. He ran a hand through his hair, trying to calm down his mind again. Already he missed playing his beloved instrument, but he needed sleep. The next day would be left in anticipation.

*From Shakespeare's Much Ado about Nothing.