Movement 20

"(Y/n), I love you."

Everything, even time seemed to freeze for her as the sudden confession rang upon her ears. The scene seemed dream like that it almost seemed humorous. Dreams playing tricks on her based on her deep feelings. Even her nails subconsciously dug into her palms, just a reassurance to show that she wasn't dreaming. Her mouth gaped open as she stared in disbelief.

"Eh?" She choked out. She doubted the fact so much. Was this a prank?

"I love you (Y/n)." Licht repeated bringing his hand to her face. He cradled her cheek gently, letting his thumb freely rub the apple. His gaze was like his hold, gentle. This softness, he never showed it to anyone, so she got a genuine feeling. She could feel her heart beat quicken in less than a second. Her eyes growing glossy, staring into his. He closed the distance bringing her into a hug. His arms wrapped around her in a firm embrace, he hesitated, but held her tight. She stood stunned, not even returning the embrace for a while.

"Why?" She then choked out, her voice overwhelmed with emotion.
"Why me?" She added. Licht stood silent, his breath slow by her ear.

"Do you really need me to answer that?" He asked tightening his grip.

"But-"

"Jeez you're really doubtful aren't you?" He asked letting go, but grasping her chin with his fingers. He tilted her head upwards so their eyes were locked. Just inches away from her own face he let his forehead rest on hers.
"I wouldn't want to spend so much time explain my feelings. But my feelings are true no matter how much I want to deny it." He said in an honest tone. (Y/n)'s eyes spilled tears as she felt moved. She leaned her head on his shoulder letting out choking sobs.

"Oi..." He spoke, he expected tears but not full on sobbing. He acted to aid her as he held her and smoothed her hair. They stood there for a while, (Y/n)'s hands grasped his shoulders and she weakly pushed them apart. Her head still dropping covered by her bangs. He looked at her concerned, not being able to see the expression on her face.
"Licht-san, I'm happy. I'm very happy." She spoke.

"But I'm also sad, afraid. So many emotions I've suffered these past weeks. There's something...that I don't want you to suffer." She said quietly, and eerie sort of quiet. He sighed, just a quiet breath escaping him, one of his hands took hers in a strong grip. While with his other he used to lift her face to peer at her sorrow filled face. His eyebrows furrowed as he studied her, so many conflicts he can assume she was dealing with against herself. He gently pressed his lips against her forehead, surprising her out of her stupor.

"Li-"

"Don't. Don't force yourself into anything." He said letting her go.
"I told you my feelings. Don't force out yours, you seem to be struggling with something, so I won't force a relationship onto you. I don't care if I have to get hurt. Just... I hate to see yourself suffering so much." He spoke, once again with the fullness of color in his cheeks. (Y/n) only felt worse than before, not at Licht, but at herself. So much little doubts in her mind has stopped herself from doing something that could make her happy. It was so complicated. It only made her sob more, letting little choking sounds escape her.

"I-I want t-to reciprocate your feelings.." She sobbed. Licht had once again wrapped his arms around her, smoothing her hair.

"Come on stop crying..."

"E-Easier said than d-done..." She hiccuped, the remark delivered a teasing way. He could feel his lips twitch a bit, but he had a lot of self control. He just held her, waiting patiently for her to calm down. Gradually the hiccups deceased, and she stood quietly just enjoying the embrace for a moment.

"L-Licht-san...I-I'm ok now.." She spoke shyly. Licht, although reluctantly, let her go, and the two stood their in a slight awkward tension. (Y/n) took some breaths, but then smiled at him.