Movement 23

"Ugh, why's he taking so long?" Lawless' high pitched voice whined. Kuro had to cover his ears at the loud screeching of his little brother. He clicked his tongue and sighed. "Your complaining is becoming a pain, just be more patient will you?" He said and sprawled on the floor. Meanwhile Lawless huffed, but still shut his mouth. He couldn't help this undying worry for his Eve being gone for so long. Being separated this long caused him a new anxiety he hasn't felt. Also he didn't want to deal with another kidnapping incident. When the sound of the door clicking, he perked up.

"Oh? Licht-tan, you sure took a while.~" He teased, but then paused as he noticed the disgruntled look on his face. He blinked, he expected to be greeted with his scowl and an insult or two. But Licht just walked right past them heading into an empty room. Just a shadow covering his face. It even caught Kuro's attention as he got used to the two bickering. Lawless could feel something wrong, and it bothered him for some reason. He crossed his arms and went to think.

"Well that was strange." He mumbled. Lead by curiosity he quietly crept up to the room. He peered in finding Licht with a pensive look on his face. He raised a brow, now this wasn't something he saw with the regular Licht.

"You know you're being out of character." He said surprising Licht from his thoughts. Licht only shot a harsh glare, but that didn't even phase him. Lawless decided it was time to pry.

Licht turned away, "Shut up. I don't want to deal with your shit right now." He said.

"Did something happen with (Y/n)-chan?" He asked. The question making Licht's jaw clench and his fists curl up. He had the urge to kick him for prying. But Lawless didn't mind that. "You heard what I said. Just leave me alone." Licht spat out, now losing his temper. Lawless stood still before shrugging, "Suit yourself. I'm gonna go bother big brother then.~" He said. His words were improvised however, as he didn't show how he wanted to actually stay and help. But Lawless figured Licht needed to solve it on his own, Love can be difficult to deal with after all.

Meanwhile Licht sighed once his Servamp left. His fingers went to rub his temples, feeling overwhelming stress with everything up to this point. He left her with his chest feeling heavy, and a lot to think about.
--------------------------------------

It took a while before Licht's mind could start working again. Everything she told him seemed so surreal, and yet so logical. Why else would she be trapped in this place all those weeks. He just sat while he watched the girl cry in anguish. He needed to say something, anything, but his voice got caught in his throat. He reached out to her but stopped, let his hand hover and his mind wander. What was he supposed to say or do?

"I'm sorry. But I don't want you to suffer too. I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid I'll leave you behind to deal with the pain." She said drying her eyes. He opened his mouth to try and say something but the shaking of her head gave him a sign. She wanted to let out what she's been holding for a while.

"It's stupid thinking this way, because you have people who support you. But still this fear stays with me." She continued clutching at her chest. He didn't realize she had been feeling this lack of self confidence. The girl who had been eager to take a lot of risks was just one of the sides he saw to her. Now he has seen another, and he didn't even know what to say. She stood up, breathing out deeply after a long while of sobs. She looked more fragile in Licht's eyes, and it managed to feel like an anchor in his chest. He stared curiously as she started to rummage through her bag.

"Can I see your hand for a minute?" She asked. He started to wonder what she wanted to do, but he silently held out his hand. Suddenly he felt a cool metal on his skin, gazing down he saw an angel charm in his hand. His eyes widened slightly as he gazed at it, eventually turning his gaze to her. She held a smile on her face, but he can feel more than just something positive. She let her hand take his, letting her form relax into his chest.