Movement 11

Licht tapped his finger on his elbow, sitting with his legs and arms crossed. It had been around half an hour, and he was still waiting for (Y/n). He didn't force her to wake up as he figured she already felt weak from when he saw her. His ears caught the sound of her groaning and he stood abruptly next to her. She squirmed slightly, her face contorted in slight pain from the harsh light.

"I fell asleep?" She mumbled her question, her forearm sluggishly rubbing her eyes.

"(Y/n)." Licht called to her, and her forearm fell from her forehead instantly.

"Licht-san, you're still here?" She asked looking at him in shock. She never even realized he had stayed.

"I told you I would stay here didn't I? Come on I'm taking you home." He said, his voice soft but demanding.

"I'm still in the hospital?" She looked around seeing the white walls and the mess of medical supplies. Her eyes widened as she tried sitting up only to be stopped by Licht's grip on her shoulder again.

"It's ok, he's not here. You're allowed to leave." He said, his voice still soft as if trying to calm her. Thankfully it looked to be working as she leaned back.

"Oh."

"You're ok to stand and walk?" Licht asked. (Y/n) shrugged, and moved her legs as if testing out the question. Her legs felt heavy once she slid them off the bed, one step on the white tile and she could feel her body lunge forward. She felt Licht catch her, and her face implanted onto his chest. She could feel his chest rise, and fall with every breath he took, but she also felt his heartbeat from the position. It was quicker than a usual one.

"Looks like you can't." He said sighing.

"I can. I just need a minute." (Y/n) said pushing herself up. After a few minutes of standing, she started walking. Although she began a wobbling with each step, she managed to start walking again.

"See?" She giggled slightly showing a small smile.

"Alright, then I should get you home." He said. He dismissively walked out into the busy hall, waiting for her to gather her things. He thought to himself, about the words that Doctor Iwazumi said to him. It bothered him, more than it should. There was something about (Y/n) he didn't know about, actually there was a lot that he didn't know about her. It was mutual, he didn't know about her and she didn't know about him. Maybe it was better this way, just stay in this small bubble of friendship where it was safe for both of them.

But did he really want that?

He knew his feelings, no matter how annoying, were growing the more times the encountered each other. Of course, he played them off as him being stupid. He has never encountered feelings like these.

"Licht-san. You're spacing out." He blinked seeing (Y/n) wave her hand in front of his face. He grumbled and swatted it away.

"You got everything?" He asked, she nodded.

"Then let's go."
------------------------------------------

The walk back was silent, both in a good and bad way. Licht still had the words said to him in his mind, meanwhile (Y/n) just kept thinking about random things from the encounter with her doctor to Licht. Just the one thought that made her happy, and her heart skip.
"He stayed with me..."
To Licht he may not understand, how much it meant to her that he stayed. She felt herself blushing again, heavily. She slapped her cheeks covering it up.

Her eyes glanced over to the little pond they had visited earlier. Her mouth formed a smile as she stopped, Licht caught her movement in the corner of his eye.