Ch 27

Approximately 2 years later (Idk really)

Alex:

Its finally Graduation Day! I can't believe it, Im so excited. Johnny and I broke up unfortunately . Just kidding we are still going strong. Last month was 3 years! Every day is perfect with him! I never believed that my life would be this great. Cameron and Riley are still going strong. They are coming on 2 years.

My alarm goes off at 5:30. I started running in the mornings before school when I joined the volleyball team. I roll out of bed and go to my dresser. My dress and sky blue graduation gown were on hangers next to the mirror.
I grab my Nike cropped leggings and my black adidas tank top. I change and tie up my hair. I tie up my nike roshes and grab my headphones and phone. I walk out of my room to see a trail on confetti leading from my door to the stairs. I follow it and it leads me into the living room where it is decorated with graduation stuff. I smile and take a picture of it. There is a note with my name on it on the table. I open it and read.

Dear Alex,
Happy Graduation Day! You have finished your education and are on your way to a big future. I can't believe its already this day . It feels like it was just yesterday that i was adopting a shy 14 year old from a little orphanage.  Now I am the proud parent of a beautiful 18 year old young lady. I am so so proud of what you have accomplished Alex. I love you so much and am ready to help guide you down the path of the rest of your life. So go on your run. I will be waiting here to surprise you when you get back. Its your day babygirl❤❤❤❤
- Cameron❤

When I finish reading it there are tears staining the paper. I fold it back up and run upstairs to put it on my dresser. I walk into Cams room. He is sleeping with Riley next to him. She has practically been living here for a while which Im fine with. I walk to his side and poke him.

"Dad" I whisper.
"Mm" he hums and opens his eyes a little.
"Thank You" I whisper and hug him. He wraps one arm around me and I kiss his cheek.
"Now go back to sleep ill be back later. I love you" I say.
"I love you too sweets" he says before falling asleep again.
I exit the house and put my headphones in. I put my  headphones in and press play on  G-Eazy's name and run down the street.

Uh, I wish we could just pretend to be
Like we always were before as happy as the Kennedy's
No one told Jackie about Marilyn's tendencies
Ignorance is bliss when you're married half a century
Life is too short, trying to hold it all together
It's gone before you know it but tonight could last forever
I wrote it out on paper but forgot to mail the letter
And you could walk away but you won't find nothing better
It's whatever, I just hope that you remember
Then I said some shit that upset her
Arguing in public, talking loud as Big sweater
She said, "You're always gone."
I said, "'The fuck do you expect from me?"
Then she looked at me and she said to me

After about an hour of running, I run home. The sun is now out and people are up and about.
I arrive home and walk in the door. I smell my favorite food: chocolate chip waffles. I walk into the kitchen and Cam ,Riley and the rest of my family are there. They don't notice me until Matt turns around.
"ALEX!" he yells and runs at me. He hugs me and lifts me up. The guys take turn hugging me and when they are done they make way for Cam to hug me. He walks up to me and engulfs me into a bear hug. I hug him back just as tight.
"Im so proud of you sweets" he says and releases me.
"I couldn't have done it without your guidance" I say. He hugs me again and we sit down to eat. Then he tells me to go upstairs and get ready. The graduation starts at 12:30 . So I go upstairs and hop in the shower. I wash everything and shave my legs. I got taller so it takes a little longer to shave. I finish and get out. I wrap a fluffy white towel around my hair then my body. I check my phone and see that Johnny has texted me.