The PSATs

The PSATs are in four hours and I'm terrified for my life.

Who would have thought a non-supernatural event would be the scariest thing of my life right now.

I had everything I needed for the studying that I was about to do.

By everything I mean all the notes I got from Lydia.

The only subject I'm good at is History and that's because I lived through 700 years of it.

I could just cheat but I've already been cheating my way through high school this past year and I actually want to learn something by the time I graduate.

"Why are you up?" Malia sleepily walked into my room, plopping down on my bed.

"Studying for tomorrow." I said, not taking my eyes off the textbook in front of me.

"Why don't you just use magic?" Malia asked.

"Cause I can't cheat my way through life anymore...plus I also promised Scott no magic." I explained.

"Of course you would keep a promise to your little boyfriend." Malia said as she got up from my bed.

She walked over to my bookshelf grabbing my spell book.

"If I was part witch I would be using magic all day." She said, flipping through the pages.

"Put it back. I'm not using magic." I said sternly.

"At least use this one." She said, pointing at an energy spell.

"It'll keep you awake so you can study and you won't fall asleep during the test tomorrow." She said, placing the book down next to me.

I glanced over at the book.

It's technically not cheating.

"Fine, now leave. I have to study." I said sternly, picking up the book.

She left my room shutting the door quietly.

I did the spell immediately feeling wide awake.

Alright, back to studying.

~

I stood in line to sign in for the test with Scott, Stiles, Kira, and Malia.

"Where's Lydia?" Kira asked looking around.

"She took the test her freshman year." Stiles answered.

I was frantically looking around, shaking my leg.

"Nikki? You okay?" Scott asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why?" I asked, not able to keep my attention on him.

"Because you look like an ADHD kid on meth." Stiles said making me look down at my shaky body.

"I might have used an energy spell to keep me awake." I said nonchalantly.

"We agreed no magic." Scott said sternly.

"Actually we said no using magic to cheat. I used magic to stay awake so I could study all night." I said as the line started moving.

"Well can you tone down the spell a bit because I pretty positive that if a teacher sees you they're going to try and drug test you." Stiles said making me roll my eyes.

"Fine I'll be right back." I said before running off to the nearest bathroom.

I undid the spell before running back to everyone.

"Better?" I asked.

"You look super tired but its better then you being on drugs." Stiles answered making me glare at him.