The Game

I walk down the halls of the school alone.

After last night everything feels different.

Matt is dead.

Now everyone is acting weird.

We all walk down the halls passing each other without a word.

I haven't even talked to my sister since I woke up this morning.

I walked right pass Scott only looking up to meet my eyes with his, but that was it.

Not even a word, my mouth stayed shut and so did his.

Why is everything so different?

Because Gerard is in control of Jackson now.

~

I stood in the animal clinic with Scott, Deaton, and Issac.

Derek wasn't the enemy anymore so we are all fine with each other.

Deaton had a hurt dog on the surgery table.

"Why does it smell like that?" Isaac asked causing all of us to look at him.

"What?" Isaac asked confused.

"Scott said almost the same thing to me a few months ago." Deaton said as I remembered the day.

"Soon he was able to tell which animals were getting better and which were not." I said while petting the dog.

"He's not getting better is he? Like, cancer?" Isaac asked as he walked over to the dog.

"Osteosarcoma. It has a very distinct scent, isn't it? I know you're well aware of what your new abilities can do for you. Improve strength, speed, and healing." Deaton said.

I knew where he was going with this.

"You ever wonder what your abilities could do for others?" I asked as Isaac shook his head.

"Give me your hand." I said with a smile.

He hesitated at first but then finally gave me his hand.

I placed his hand softly onto the dogs stomach and watched as the pain from the dog traveled from him to Isaac.

"What did I do?" Isaac asked as he pulled his hand away.

"You took some of his pain away." Scott said making Isaac get teary eyed.

"Only a little bit, but sometimes a little can make a big difference." Deaton said as a tear rolled down Isaac's face but he quickly wiped it away.

"It's okay. First time they showed me, I cried too." Scott said with a smile.

~

I was laying in my bed not really wanting to go anywhere.

I was gonna go to the game but then I thought there is no point.

I heard my phone ding on my desk causing me to sit up.

I grabbed my phone looking at the screen.

It read Scott.

Scott- Jackson is playing the game tonight.

Great now I have to go.

I quickly changed into some warm clothes before heading to the game.

(Nikki's outfit: can we just take a minute to look how perfect Selena is. Okay back to the story)