The Buildup

Scott and I went to the animal clinic to talk to Deaton.

Derek showed up moments later.

"Why did you bring him?" I asked noticing that Isaac was with Derek.

"What? You don't like me?" Isaac asked flirtatiously with a smirk while getting extremely close to me.

"I would rather drink a bottle of vervain than be anywhere near you." I said with a smile.

"Ouch." Isaac said acting hurt before I pushed passed him walking over towards Derek.

"I need him." Derek said while I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well we don't trust him." Scott said sternly.

"Like I trust any of you." Isaac scoffed making me roll my eyes.

"I don't care. Now is he going to help us?" Derek said while pointing at Deaton.

"That depends. Your friend, Jackson, are we planning to kill him or save him?" Deaton asked.

"Kill him." Derek said causing me to glare at him.

I punched him causing him to fly into the wall.

Derek cracked the wall before sliding down to the floor.

"Save him." I said with a smirk as Derek groaned in pain.

Deaton laughed a little as I walked over to Derek picking him up by the back of his shirt.

He looked like a rag doll when I helped him up.

He cleaned himself off as I walked back over to Deaton.

"So, what are you? Some kind of witch?" Isaac said making me roll my eyes.

"No I'm a veterinarian. Unfortunately I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin." Deaton said as he searched through his cabinets.

"We're open to suggestions." Derek said.

"What about effective offense?" Isaac suggested.

"We already tried that. I nearly took its head off, and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up." Derek said, he had told me about this the other night.

Him and Chris tried to kill the Kanima but no matter what they tried nothing worked.

"Has it shown weakness?" Deaton asked.

"It can't swim." I said remembering the other night.

"Does that go for Jackson too." Deaton asked.

"No, he's the captain of the swim team." Scott said.

Gosh what isn't that boy good at?

"Essentially, you're trying to catch two people. A puppet and a puppeteer. One killed the husband but the other had to take care of the wife." Deaton explained.

"Do we know why?" Deaton asked confused.

"Maybe Jackson couldn't do it. His mom was pregnant when she died and maybe she was murdered too. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else." Scott said.

"How do you know it's not part of the rules? The Kanima kills murders. If Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies too." Isaac said making me rethink how smart this guy really is.

"Does this make your dad a murderer?" I asked confused.

"Does this make your mom a murderer?" Isaac spat making me mad.

"One more smart remark out of your mouth and I'll rip your head of your body and shove it up your-" I began as I walked over to Isaac but Scott grabbed me slapping his hand over my mouth.

"I would suggest shutting up." Derek said to Isaac as I pulled myself out of Scott's grip.

"Wait a minute, the book says they're bonded, right. What if the fear of water isn't coming from Jackson-" Derek began but I cut him off.

"But from the person controlling him. Like what affects the Kanima also affects its master." I said as it all clicked in my brain.

"Meaning what?" Isaac asked confused.

I beg to differ he is still stupid.

"Meaning we can catch them...both of them." Scott said as I smiled.

~

"There has to be some other way to get tickets, right?" Scott asked as I slammed my locker shut.

"It's a secret show. There's only one way and it's a secret." Stiles said while we walked down the hall.

"Hey." Matt said stopping all of us in our tracks.

"Do you guys know why no one is getting suspended after what happened the other day?" Matt asked confused.

"Just forget about it. No one got hurt." I said sternly before trying to walk off but he stuck his arm out stopping me.

"I got a concussion." Matt said making me roll my eyes.

"Well, nobody got seriously hurt." I said rudely just wanting to get away from this boy.

"I was in the E.R. for six hours." He said making me groan in frustration.

"Do you want to know the truth Matt? Your little bump on the head is about-" Stiles began before making a centimeter gap between his hand and the floor. "This high on our list of problems right now." Stiles finished making me want to laugh.

"Are you okay?" Scott said in a soft caring tone making me cross my arms over my chest.

Why does he have to be so nice?

"Yeah, I'm fine now. So you didn't get any tickets last night either?" Matt asked.

"Are they still selling?" Scott asked eagerly.

"No, but I managed to find two online. You should keep trying, sounds like everyone's gonna be there." Matt said before walking off.

"I don't like him." Stiles said as we watched Matt walk off.

"That makes two of us." I said sternly.

"Are you guys sure about this?" Stiles asked referring to the party.

"We have to go keep an eye on Jackson, especially if he is going to kill someone." Scott said as the bell rang.

"I'll see you guys later." I said before heading off to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~
A\N

Thanks for reading and please vote, share, and leave a comment on what you guys thought.