Chapter 53: Battle of Bones

So guys! It has been fun and amazing! I have had a blast writing this story and it has been such an honor. Also, Happy Valentines Day. I would like to finish this story off strong and effective. And I also am thinking about writing a series down as well. But anyway, you tell me. Lol. Without further ado, let's do this! Enjoy!

    1781- Connor was at the wheel of the Aquila and he was trying to hurry the ship out of there. The waves of the Atlantic were rising as the storm continued on through the night. Lanterns were lit all throughout the ship as the men staggered around deck trying to secure the sails and hatches. Israel had been securing the cargo holds with Eva while Mr. Faulkner was with Connor at the helm. "So let me get this straight, Cap'n," said Faulkner over the rain and waves, "You killed the bloody Ghost after all? By smashing a cursed, red amulet necklace of his? That sounds like a fairy tale to me, but if it worked." Connor steered around a wave and replied, "Indeed, Mr. Faulkner. It did work. But the fact that I had to explode a section of the house is uncalled for, really. I should've fought him outside in the first place." Faulkner laughed over the rain, and said, "You got sea legs, Cap'n. That's for sure."
    Then, the wind picked up, more ferociously, and tilted the Aquila to the side a bit. "Hang on!" shouted Connor as he turned the ship against the wind. A huge wave was coming for them, and a sailor shouted, "Maelstrom ahead!" Connor looked and saw the tsunami of the wave. It was huge. "Full sail!" commanded Connor as he steered hard. The Aquila went up the center of the wave and rose up . The mist of the wave fogged around the deck and blocked vision. Then, the ship bent forward as it made it over the top of the wave. Then, it went down, very fast. The then smashed into the valley of water and waves splashed hard upon the deck of the ship. Israel came to Connor and said, "We have company, Kenway!" Connor looked around, and then, he saw a ship rising and falling through the waves. The sails were tattered and the ship seemed like it was full of darkness. Connor thought to himself, "Oh no! The crew of the Ghost is after us." Connor then said to the men, "Open all hatches, and prepare for battle! Battle stations! Loan all cannons and free all the weapons! Prepare the guns!" Faulkner ignited his sword and shouted, "You heard him, lads! Do it for your lives!"
   Faulkner then said to Connor, "Who is it, Cap'n?" Connor replied, "Pirates, Mr. Faulkner. It is the crew of the Ghost that is upon us. They are cursed. We need to fight them because we will never escape." Faulkner then said, "What!? In that case, we should be extra violent and ferocious." Connor nodded. Then, the ship came upon them.  The crew of the Ghost shouted at them. Connor thought that they all looked like skeletons. "Ghosts!" said a sailor. The men fired their rifles and rifle fire was returned back by the ghost crew. The Aquila's cannons were pulled out and the hatches were opened. Connor then, ordered, "Fire!" The cannons of the Aquila fired upon the ghost ship and debris was produced as the cannons dug into the side of the ship. The enemy moved their ship and rammed into the Aquila and caused the ship to tilt back a bit. A wave rose the Aquila up and then Connor shouted, "Fire the flame shot!" The flame shot was fired and it hit the ghost crew and they fired back at the Aquila. Connor then turned the ship and said, "Brace!" He ducked and so did his crew as cannon balls tore into the sides of the ship. The rain was horrible. Then, Connor ordered the cannons to be fired again at the enemy and it was done. The ghost ship was hit and it was taking on water.
     "Prepare to board her, men! She is a pirate vessel! Take whatever loot and treasure you find and kill the crew!" The men released the grappling hooks and shot from their rifles and pistols. Then, Connor ran to the side of his ship, unleashed his tomahawk, and swung across the water on a rope. He landed on the ghost ship successfully. The crew was a ghost crew and they all looked like skeletons. Connor's men came along with him and swords clashed. Israel swung over and as he landed, he shot an enemy in the head. Eva also hopped over and threw a grenade bomb onto the deck which exploded and sent enemies flying. Connor went into hand to hand combat and with his tomahawk, he chopped down upon skulls. An enemy tried to swing his sword at Connor, but the Assassin ducked and ripped right through the skeleton's spine. Then, Connor saw a pirate with a pistol and with his bow and arrow, he shot the bony hand of the pirate and then, he shot him again in the skull, killing him.
    Connor then, was grabbed from behind, and punched. He shook his head and looked at the deliverer. A pirate laughed and said, "Bring it, ya no good landlubbering Injun!" Connor pulled out his pistol and shot the pirate in the head. The pirate fell on the deck dead. Then, Connor looked to his right and saw two pirates tackling Israel and trying to push him overboard. Connor ran over to them and stabbed one of the pirates in the back of his skull with his hidden blade and then, Israel used his sword and stabbed the pirate in the rib cage and pulled the sword back out, killing the pirate. "Thanks, Connor," said Israel, relieved.
Eva punched a pirate across the face and then, with her hidden blade, she stabbed him in the face. Then, she went and saw barrels of gun powder. She pulled out her flintlock pistol and shot the barrels, causing them to explode and create flames. The pirates were being defeated at a quick rate now. The crew of the Aquila opened up hatches and raided the decks below, plundering and pillaging everything. Then, Connor saw that the ghost ship was beginning to sink. "Fall back, men! Take everything with you!" ordered Connor as he ran over the side with Israel and Eva. They jumped and landed on the deck of the Aquila and the rest of the crew followed behind. Then, once everyone was back, the Aquila fired upon the ghost ship one last time, and it exploded and sunk to the depths of the sea. The storm continued as they sailed through the rain, but at least they were safe now.