Chapter 35: A dark letter

Hello everybody! I'm getting really excited to continue on with the story and I hope you guys are excited as well. So get ready you guys. Leave a comment and tell me what you guys think. Enjoy y'all.

1781- It was night time and Connor was in the Homestead Manor in the stocking office. Connor was looking through some stocks and recent entries of his past missions and contracts. He had more letters on his counter and he wanted to go over them. He took the first one out of its envelope, and it read:

1781- To Captain Connor Kenway (Ratonhnhaké: ton), a member and Master Assassin of the American Colonial Order of the Assassin Brotherhood,
Captain Connor Kenway,
It has come to our (the Continental Army of American Patriots) attention, by means of all distractions of this War, that by Commander in Chief, General George Washington, you have been given a reward for your efforts of £10,000 pounds in fine gold coins to put in your banking account or in your treasure stock from your privateering along the high seas. Your accusations from the British Empire of England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and Asia, have been bailed, repaid, redeemed, and forgiven, in all likenesses of the sort. The Continental Congress issued that all routes have been cleared for your trade and your privateering missions of your choice and sorting. You have, by the Grace of God Almighty, and the Lord Jesus Christ, whom guides this nation, been delivered from the political, economical, and sociable government of the British Crown of His Majesty, King George III of Great Britain. You are no longer in danger of piracy from the British Empire under the protection of the American Continental Congress. We also recognize your position in this War and understand what you have been doing to help the American side. We, as the Continental Army, thank you, Captain Kenway for your voice in our search and fight for justice, freedom, and Liberty for all. Once again, by our gratitude, from your services, and other such efforts of the means, have sent you our gifts of thanks and reward you, Sir, for your patriotism and excellence in the War effort. God bless you, Captain Kenway, and God bless your Assassin Brotherhood.
Yours, sincerely, The U. S. A.

Connor finished reading it and then looked at his income and money stocking desk which was to his right under a window and saw that the chest was full of gold and bags of gold were piled next to it. Connor smiled at it and never imagined that he would receive such recognition. Then, Connor saw another letter. This envelope was a bit rough in texture. The seal on the back of it was a skull and crossbones made of pure black wax. Connor opened up the envelope, and opened up the letter. Then he began to read it. The writing was a sloppy format of classical penmanship. He read it to himself.

1781- To Captain Connor Kenway,
Captain Connor Kenway,
Ye may not, by any means, understand, nor wish to agree with any terms, under my will, but if reason be yer hearts desire, then what holds me back from a holy explanation? Have ye not heard the stories, lad, of my return? I have traveled so far, for so long to keep up with yer exploring the American coast and Frontier. To tell ye God's truth, the great travels of the Atlantic, gave thee a more merciful journey, than the accursed Frontier, home to ye and yer landlubbering kin. The Injuns were not so kindly to me and my friends of the dark. The Inuits were not shaken of their icy grounds so that I may have retaken back me hook from the ice's mouth which I'd buried while still alive. Aye, 'twas a great shame, indeed. But word tells me that ye acquired me artifact and took it into possession. Yer fame has, without end grown immaculately across the seas, Frontier, and West Indies. News of yer adventures disturb me and so, Captain, I warn ye, under the curses of darkness, that if ye shan't heed me warnings and be wares of me, than ye shall feel the depths of me wrath. This is me solemn vow, Captain Kenway. Yer Brotherhood will not be able to withstand me judgment.
Sincerely, by grace, Captain Samuel B. Myers,
The Old Sea Captain

Connor set the letter down. His candle flickered in the light. He saw a map on his desk which held the secrets of the haunted grounds of the Americas. There was one off of the coast of Louisiana, but that was French territory and Connor didn't want to affiliate with the French during these times. There was another area in the Appalachian Mountains that was said to hold the dead spirits of past Indian warriors. And another area was down by Haiti. That was an old dilapidated church that was overgrown with leaves and vines and held a graveyard. It was said that a man hung himself off of the bell tower and that he was a pirate convicted of killing people for fun. The reason Connor wanted to do this was because he wanted to attract the attention of the Ghost.
Connor got up and went outside. He headed down to the harbor where the Aquila was docked and saw Mr. Faulkner standing there. "Mr. Faulkner," said Connor, walking to him, "Prepare the Aquila for sail. We are leaving for Haiti at 3:00 in the morning. And bring me that hook we acquired from the Inuits in Labrador. We'll be needing it."