Chapter 31: Sleepy Hollow

What is up everybody!!!!!!!!!! 😃😃😃😃😃 Turns out that there is some other thing that has come up into our young Assassin's way. The Ghost seems to be everywhere within the Eastern Seaboard and the Templar's are backing him up. So now an old legend seems to come into life this time. Leave a comment and a like y'all if you've enjoyed it so far. Enjoy guys, and let's get it!!!!!! 👍🏽

1781- In New York, after Connor has sailed back, Benjamin Franklin was traveling in a carriage to New York City. But then the carriage stopped. Confused, and bewildered, Franklin shouted, "Wha-What is this? I say! I demand to know what is going on!" The carriage door opened and in sat Connor Kenway. "Good morning, Dr. Franklin," said the Native American Assassin. "Ah. Master Kenway. Greetings to you as well. How may I be of service?" Connor took off the hood over his head to see Franklin and answered, "I am headed to Sleepy Hollow to investigate the town. And also, the Ghost apparently has an old friend who fought in the French and Indian War. A Hessian officer." Benjamin Franklin leaned forward and replied, "You are referring to the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Connor. The Headless Horseman is who you are seeking out. The villagers of Sleepy Hollow see him pass during dark nights where he searches for his head. He usually kills murderers and takes off their heads. If you are planning on going to him, Connor, I urge you to take caution. In fact, I'm not too busy, except my scientific experiments, but I think I may go with you to help you on your journey. I know quite a bit about the place, and I could use the exercise. Will Miss Eva be joining us?"
Connor shook his head and replied, "No. She will be staying at the inn where she will seek out British Convoys."
Benjamin Franklin said, "Well, let us be off on our way then. I've brought my sword again." Connor laughed at the old Doctor's humor.
Later, they arrived at Sleepy Hollow by 4:00 in the afternoon. Two women passed by Franklin and Kenway and began giggling. Franklin looked at Connor and humorously said, "It is probably your bow and arrows. Hahahaha!" Connor smirked. The walked down the street and saw the people at their day. It was a very busy town. Benjamin Franklin went on about the history of the place as they walked. "An old Dutch town. Sleepy Hollow is full of life. Especially at day time. They don't have too many problems, there is an old church and churchyard off to the west, and the ocean is over east of here." Connor saw Patriot soldiers walk by and watched them. Then he saw a merchant trading with some local Indians. They looked like they were from the Tuscarora Tribe. But then, Connor became a bit hungry. Franklin saw his facial expression and said, "Don't feel so shy not to speak up, now, Connor. If you are hungry, then we can stop walking around and go to a nearby tavern. Look, there is one up ahead. Come, let's get something to eat." Connor nodded.
They went inside the tavern, where a woman came and said, "Welcome gentlemen. Come inside. Have a seat at the table." Benjamin replied, "Thank you, my dear." Connor smirked again. They went and sat at a table. The woman said, "Are you, thirsty? What would you like to drink?" Benjamin began, "I would like an Ale. Connor. Your turn." Connor answered, "I would request the same as him, ma'am." She wrote the orders down and then said, "And what would you like to eat?" Benjamin replied, "I'd like to try some of your fresh venison, and quail, please." The she looked to Connor who said, "I would wish to have some bread and corn with my meat, please." She wrote down the orders and went back to the kitchen.
Benjamin Franklin looked around and relaxed. Connor remained tensed as usual, due to the unfortunate acts of life, and waited. "Umm, Connor," began Franklin, "Not to change the subject but do you even know where you will find the Horseman? I mean, he could be anywhere. Just lurking around at night." Connor replied, "I do not know, Dr. Franklin. When I find something of interest, I will investigate, but as of now, in the middle of the day, I have found nothing that would give off a trace of the mythical legend. I thought that I had seen him once in my life, not too long ago, but I just don't know. Daniel Boone, a pioneer or frontiersman, told me his ghost stories of the Horseman, but I was investigating a murder." Franklin nodded.
     "And Miss Eva. How is she doing these days? Are you and her doing fine?" Connor moved in his chair and replied, "Yes, we are. She is absolutely phenomenal at what she does. She is like flower, that's petals never fall off." Benjamin smiled at Connor's poetic words. "Ah, I see, " Franklin began, "you have indeed shown an exceptional job at having a relationship. I have some tips if ever you'd need them. They are written down in my journal." "Your scientific journal?" asked Connor for conformation. "No," replied Franklin, "My other journal, Connor. You forget, that I too was once young and energetic. I'd known just which woman to befriend next after the other." Connor leaned forward and implied, "A fresh conman?" Franklin looked out the window and answered, "An adventure. Not a player exactly. But I did at one point have my ways with charm. This, I can assure you." Connor laughed, "You sly dog." Franklin laughed as well. "Life isn't always about science and political mandates. No. You must look at other factors of life if one ever plans on succeeding in all aspects. Romance is an aspect of life. You must embrace such things one way or another, or else you lose the changes to experience something that could be very beneficial to you later on in life. This is true, that no matter where you are, she will be thinking of you as well."
   Connor nodded at Franklin's points and said, "I agree. The Assassins and my missions have only really given me one true purpose in my life, and that is to save the world from corruption and terror. The Templars were always the main focus, until I saw Eva. When Eva came into my life, I did not expect anything. But I was love struck by her when I got used to her company. Then I killed some more Templars. And she saw what my job was. Little did I realize that she, too, was an Assassin like me. And we eventually ended up with each other." Benjamin smiled and nodded.
    There drinks and food were handed to them, and they began to eat and drink. "To the Brotherhood,"said Franklin, raising his mug of ale. Connor raised his, and the toasted. Then, Connor ate some more of his food. This mission was going to be a long one.