Chapter 26: The Crime Scene

What's good everybody!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the really long wait. I've been a little busy. But I'm still writing so no need to worry. Haha. Anyway, tell me if you liked the last chapter. I wanna know. This next one is gonna be just as good. Alright guys. Enjoy.

    1781- After the trip to Apopka, Florida was over, Connor and Eva decided to go back to Boston where they knew they would find Benjamin Franklin at his shop. Israel tagged along with them. Connor knocked on Benjamin Franklin's door. Then Franklin opened it. "Oh," he exclaimed, "Master Kenway, good to see you. Please, come in for a spot of tea." Connor and his friends went in. They sat down in front of the fireplace. Franklin came around and poured some tea into their cups and said, "So, how have your last voyages out to sea been? Have you found any more clues on the ghost?" Israel answered, "We went and fought a Templar fleet on the way to Florida. Haha. That was fun, aye, Kenway." Connor remained silent.
Franklin looked at Connor and said, "Speaking of the Ghost and the Templars, there has been a recent killing nearby. Most mysterious. It happened in the Town Hall Building down the road. A high official named Carter was found in his office with his throat ripped out and several gashed wounds in his torso. No one knows who killed him, or if they are still around but I speculate that they aren't far if they have fled. I tried to investigate this scene for myself, but when I tried, some Patriot police stopped me and asked me to leave. So as a good citizen, with no real authority of being involved, I did as I was asked. Carter was murdered yesterday morning. The judge has ruled the case as murder and guards have been on high alert all this time. A search party has been sent all over the areas to find the murderer. They have gone as far as the Ohio River Valley in search for the murderer to no avail. I speculate that this was connected to your cause. Carter was in charge of secret documents and important contracts of correspondence. So he was a very important man in this government. Do you understand why I feel this murder is connected, Connor?"
Connor drank his tea. He leaned forward in the chair and said, "I will investigate this crime scene further and see what really happened. Perhaps something will turn up on my investigation, or I will have gained some more information about your high official." Connor stood up and brought his hood over his head. So did Eva and Israel. "Israel," said Connor, "I would like you to go to the Boston cemetery by the dark withered tree. When you come back, tell me if you had found anything that would be needed for our cause." Israel nodded and said, "Aye, Connor. I shall return." Then he marched out into the darkening day. Then, Connor and Eva went out to head to the Town Hall Building.
They approached the entrance where two Patriot Patrols guarded the place. Sinister excretions were on their faces. They were armed with musket rifles, flintlock pistols and swords. The two Assassins went up to them. One said to them, "What business do you need here, Indian? Shouldn't you be back hiding in the forest with the rest of your lot? And what have you brought this woman savage here for too?" Connor replied, "What business do you have knowing our business?" Eva tensed . The guards sneered. "Be off with you, savages. Get on with you, or we'll arrest you for illegal harassment." Connor turned around and walked away. Eva asked, "Plan B?" Connor nodded. They moved to the side of the building. Then Connor began to scale the side of the place. Eva followed behind. Connor went up to the third floor windows. He punched the nearest one in. The him and Eva jumped in the building. Eva said sarcastically, "Stealthy entry." Connor ignored the remark. He looked around. He was in an office. But it was not touched by any murder or investigations. This was not the murder room.
The two Assassins went into the hallway. They walked down it. One door was left open in the hall. They went to that room. The door was open all the way. Eva and him went it. The room was trashed. Blood stains were on the cherry wood desk, books and papers and chair. Connor used his eagle vision. He saw a key glowing yellow on the desk. He went over and examined it. It bared the Templar's Cross on it. "There is a Templar Key hear, Eva. It seems that Franklin was right about Master Carter's murder."
"Really," replied Eva, "Interesting. When we're done we can go to the nearest Templar and hand it over to him." Connor shook his head and continued looking. A book was open on the desk with blood stained on the pages. The book had inscriptions of chests and money stocks. Connor took the book up. "I think we should take this book from out of Master Carter's hands. He seems to have no further use of money stocks and treasure hunts." Then the Assassin looked at the blood stained chair. It had ,a stabbing puncture through it. It was thin enough to be the work of a hidden blade. Connor looked closely. Blood surrounded that area which meant that it was definitely a stab from the back to the victim's body. The Assassin ignited his hidden blade and put it through to measure the size of the puncture. It was a perfect fit. The puncture was done by a hidden blade. The murderer also made several other stabs to the torso of Carter.
Connor thought to himself, "The murderer must have killed Carter with a hidden blade from behind. While Carter was in shock, the killer came to his front for some reason and proceeded to commit several other stabbings to his body. His throat was ripped out so it could have been a hidden blade. They left a Templar key on the desk which is only carried by Templars. So the murderer must have killed Carter for a contract mission or something like that. It is most mysterious. This book on Carter's desk holds stocks and treasure chest maps. The killer must have been in search for these chests by the bidding of the Ghost. If the Ghost didn't kill the Carter than it was one of his Templar helpers. But why would the Templar have killed Carter in such a brutal way? Carter would have died cleanly by the stab of the one hidden blade. The murderer would not have had to rip out his throat and proceed to stab some more. Why would there be a confrontation with an already dead man?" The Assassin looked some more. On the other side of the chair, on the floor, rested a flintlock pistol. It was of Scottish design. Connor picked up the Scottish pistol and examined it. Blood stained the handle and trigger and the flint on the wheel was sparked which meant that the pistol had been fired. Connor looked around.
Then on the wall, above his height, was a bullet hole. Sure enough, the bullet was buried beneath it. Another pistol was on the left side of the chair. Blood was on the barrel this time, which meant that it fired while pressed against someone. But Carter didn't have any bullet wound reports, just stabbing wound reports. So Carter must have shot the killer somewhere at least once. Enough to wound the killer. Then it all made sense to Connor.
The Assassin thought to himself, "The killer did stab Carter in the back, but while in shock, Carter must have tried to retaliate with killing his attacker with two pistols. The murderer must have tried to stop Carter from shooting him, by grabbing his arms, but too late. With one pistol, Carter shot the killer somewhere in his body, enough to cause him to stumble, but the other pistol was pushed aside, shooting at the wall instead of hitting home. Angered by the shot, the murderer must have commenced by launching several puncturing stabbings to the torso, and slicing through Carter's throat with a hidden blade. Then, Carter was found dead, yesterday morning."
Connor said to Eva, "I know what happened." "What,"Eva exclaimed with excitement. Connor took her by the hand and said, "I will explain later. For now, come on." Then they went back out the way they came. But then, the guards saw them. "Hey," he shouted, "Come here, redskins!" Connor and Eva ran together down the street through the alleys. More guards became aware and chased in after them as well. The Assassins were running fast. They proceeded to try to jump onto the sides of buildings and jump across signs and platforms. But then, the guards began shooting and they fell off back onto the street. The guards had caught up to them.
The Assassins looked at the guards who pointed their rifles at them. Connor took out his tomahawk and ignited his left hidden blade. Eva ignited her hidden blade as well and her sword. Then they began to fight. A guard rushed at Connor who parried with his hidden blade and chopped down on the guard with his tomahawk. Then, Eva went around Connor, who was now busy with the next guard, and stabbed the nearest guard in the neck with her sword and pulled it out. Connor finished killing the guard and received a blow to the face from his blind side. The guard hit him with the bayonet of the rifle a couple times. But the Assassin parried another blow and sliced up with his tomahawk and landing it back onto the guards head, making it an immediate kill. Finally, Eva shot down two more guards with her pistols and she used her bow and arrow to shoot through the chest of a sniper on the roof. Then, all of the guards were killed. Connor said to his girlfriend, "Let us go back to Benjamin Franklin. We can also redeem ourselves from the lives that we didn't have to take." Eva said, "I agree. Let us go, please." So they went back to the shop of Benjamin Franklin. It was now dark outside and it began to rain.