71. You're All Grown Up/Dropping You Off At College - Luke

Start from the beginning

"Love you too," she said just before the line clicked dead.

Your mood soured again as you stared down at the wedding magazine. Tomorrow would likely be a train wreck, it was anyone's guess to whether or not you'd get a dress at all, never mind look like a proper bride.

Nevertheless you called Luke, not wanting him and Jack and Ben all at your appointment the next day.

After two rings your brother picked up. Right away you could tell he was with the boys, there was too much loud swearing and screaming in the background for it to be anyone else.

"Hey Y/N, what's up?" He asked, before the speaker in your ear let loose the noise of him crunching on some chips.

"Not much, I was just wondering if you wanted to go to my wedding dress appointment tomorrow," you asked, biting your lip and almost hoping that he would say no.

"Wedding dress? Are you sure you want me to come?" He snorted. That must have caught the attention of the other boys in the room with him as the background noise went quiet, and all you heard was mumbling.

"Pretty much everyone else is sick, or honestly worse to bring along, so Mum basically blackmailed me into calling you," you giggled, flipping the page in the magazine where there was a variety of white shoes.

"Oh, I see, you only want me to come because Mom said that you had to bring me," he sounded almost smug about it all. Like he was somehow glad that he got a pity invitation.

"That about sums it up," you confirmed, again flipping the page as none of the shoes caught your eye.

"Can we all go?" Calum's voice shouted somewhere in the background.

"Did Mum say that you had to bring them along too?" Luke asked, knowing your mother's standard rule was very inclusive to the boys.

"Yep, you've all been invited," you confirmed. The next page had been all kinds of bedazzled belts for your dress which you found to be even drier in topic than the page on shoes.

"We will have to discuss this offer," he said formally.

You rolled your eyes, they would whisper for three seconds and then say yes.

"Do whatever you need," you told him, flipping through the book until you found another page on dresses.

After the inevitable whisper-fest, your answer was given.

"We accept your invitation, what time should we meet you there?" Luke finally asked.

...

It was wedding dress day. You had texted your brother earlier and he had told you that in preparation all of the boys had stayed over and the four of them had watched nine hours of, "Say Yes To The Dress," so they were experts now.

You weren't sure if that was accurate, but they were punctual. You were ten minutes early to arrive to your search, and when you walked into the lobby the four of them were already there. They were all huddled over a bridal magazine not much different than the one you had had only a day before. They were whispering animatedly however, and you didn't know what the flurry of hand gestures they were making were, but they did look rather professional.