Thirty-eight

Her phone was ringing like crazy. Every time she looked it was Logan,  his calls made her more sad. And guilty.

She got to the pond and sat next to the tree. Her fingers slowly ribbing the carving.

She was pregnant. The night her and Lucas got drunk they'd done something. He lied, she had a feeling this whole time he had lied to her. Now, she was carrying his baby. Because of that, Logan couldn't possibly want her. Could he? She didn't know. She lay her head against the tree and cried.

Her phone went off, letting her know she had a new message.

She opened it. It was from Logan.

Faith,

   Please sweetheart. I don't want to lose you love. Please open your heart and let me come back in. I love you so much, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for you. You're my soul mate. Faith, we belong together, please just give this begging man another shot, you won't regret it. I can't imagine life without you. I love you Faith Thompson.

Faith was crying as she she typed her reply.

Logan,

    I love you too, I want to but I cannot. I'm sorry sweetie.

Her phone buzzed.

Why not? give me one damn good reason why. if it's good enough, then... I'll give you your wish and leave you alone. :(

Faiths fingers were trembling. I have to tell him. I owe him that much. but he'll hate me. who cares, he deserves an explanation. She thought to herself.

Fingers shaking, tears falling she typed in her reply.

Because I'm pregnant Logan.

Ten minutes with no reply.

Twenty.

Thirty.

He hated her. No reply obviously meant he's done.

She lay on the grass with her head in her arms and cried, for what seemed like a really long time.

She'd almost fallen asleep when she heard a car door shut.

She fluttered her eyelids and looked up. Logan was standing there staring at her, hands in his pocket and a smile on his face.

"Logan?" She whispered. She was wondering if this was a dream.

"Faith, you don't understand my love for you at all, do you?" He asked softly, still smiling.

"Huh?" She said, confused.

He shook his head and sat beside her. He picked a piece of grass and slid it back and forth in his fingers.

"Listen Faith, and listen hard because I'm only saying this once." He spoke softly, still staring at the grass in his fingers.

"I don't give a Damn if you're pregnant. You're the woman of my dreams, you're the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with, I want to be the man who takes care of you, I want to marry you Faith Thompson. I want to give you my last name. I love you so much, words could never describe my feelings for you. Without you... it's hard to breathe. Without you, I'm incomplete. You are the other half of my heart. My daughter will love you, and you will never frown again. Stop giving me damn excuses, because no matter what you say... I'm going to be here Faith. Waiting for you. Even if it takes for the rest of my life." He was still staring at the grass.

But when he looked up, Faith saw tears in his eyes.

"I love you baby, what part of that do you not understand?" He whispered.