Chapter Twenty-four

Logan just dropped Aryianna off at her mothers. Nikole and him were shopping for groceries when he got the phone call.

"Hello." He answered.

"Logan, it's Nancy." She sounded terrified, and as if she were crying. His first thought was something's wrong with Faith.

"What's wrong Nancy?" He asked quietly.

"It's Faith Logan. She's in danger. We both are, if you don't come we're going to die." She sobbed.

Logan's breathing picked up.

"What's wrong honey, its as if you've seen a ghost." Nikole said.

"What?" Logan whispered, missing what Nancy just said.

"There's a guy named Jack here, he's angry with you and Faith. He wants to see you, and if you don't come then we will die." She said, then the call was disconnected.

Logan dropped the jug of milk in his hand and took off running for the car, remembering jack in the convenient store with the gun pointed at Faith. Remembering how he was going to shoot her, but he took the bullet for her. That's how much he loved her back then.

Nikole was yelling after him, but he kept running.

When he was halfway to the airport Nikole called him for the sixteenth time. He answered.

"What is wrong? Where are you going? Talk to me Logan, damn it!" She shrieked.

"It's my friend Nancy, shes in trouble." He said.

"Oh my gosh, whats wrong with her?" Nikole said, genuinely worried about Nancy, who she's never met. Nikole was amazing.

"And..." He hesitated to mention Faith.

"And what baby?" She said.

"And Faith. They need my help."

Silence for a good moment.

"Are you serious Logan? You told me I had nothing to worry about."

"And you don't Nikole." Logan said, quietly.

"Then why are you fleeing to Texas to be her damn knight in shining armor?" She whined.

Logan sighed. "Because of a guy named Jack. He wants me, and if I don't show up he's going to kill them. I can't let them die because of me Nicole. I won't have that on my shoulders for the rest of my life."

"This guy wants to kill them? What about your life Logan? He could kill you. Just turn around baby, come home to me. Please." She begged.

Logan knew he should, but he couldn't. Faith kept crossing his mind, alone with Jack. Scared, but she's always been stubborn. She's not the one to keep her mouth shut even if it'll keep her out of trouble. Damn it.

"I can't." He whispered.

"Logan!" She screamed.

He ended the call and powered his phone off.