Chapter Ten

One week later I was picking Logan up from the hospital. He was still sore so I helped him in the car. "It feels so good to leave that hospital." He mumbled.

"My house or yours?" He asked.

"I haven't seen your house." I smile.

He gave me the directions to his house and when I pulled into the driveway I gasped. It was beautiful. It was a white victorian, with a wrap around porch. The porch had a bench swing. Along the rails were vines with pink flowers. There were apple trees in his front yard, from the driveway to the porch there was an old stone path. On both sides of the path it was lined with rose bushes. It was mesmerizing.

"Wow Logan." I breathe quietly.

"It was my grandmothers, she left it to me in her will. My parents left me a small fortune so i decorated it and fixed it up." he smiled.

We got out of the car and I started walking him to the porch but he shook his head and took my hand. "I'm tired of being inside, follow me. I want to show you something." He said.

He led me around back and we sat on the back porch. I looked out at the backyard. No fence, just a very large green field. There was hills among hills in the far distance. The sky was blue, pink, purple and orange. The sun was setting, the view was breathtaking.

"This is where I sit to to think. The view is very calming. I sat out here a lot when I met you." He spoke softly.

"Logan, you are amazing."

He looked at me, "You are amazing as well Faith. You keep me strong. Before you came, I wasn't the best person. I was a player. I never slept with the women, I just played with their emotions. I drank a lot, I was becoming my uncle. I was a jerk. My friends have noticed the change in me, they think you've brainwashed me." He laughs.

"Look, I've never been deep with anyone before. So here it goes Faith. Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone that can completely turn your life around. I tell you things that I've never shared with another soul."

He paused for a moment before continuing.

"You meet thousands of people in your lifetime Faith, none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed forever. I'll admit I don't understand how love can affect us that harshly, but Im no fool. Love has surely shifted my way and I wont push it away. You have showed me how great life can be, despite the loss of my entire family. You care about me, love me even. I forgot what it was like to feel love because I haven't felt it in so long."

"Logan, this is a little crazy. It's happening so fast." I whispered, looking at my hands.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" He asked.

"No, I mean..."

I looked at him, he was watching me waiting for me to continue.

"I don't know. I used to think love didn't exist."

"Why would you think that Faith?"

"My mom. I lied to you Logan. I don't move around a lot because of my moms job. I move around a lot because of her walk away Joe's." I mumbled looking down.

"Walk away Joe's?" He said, confused.

"After my father died she was so heart broken. They were highschool sweethearts." I smiled.

"My father said for him, it was love at first sight. He saw her and she was the angel he'd been waiting for. He told me he knew he'd marry her some day. They were so in love Logan. But my mother, she couldn't cope. She started dating a year after his death. After the third one, I saw the pattern. They all had similar features to my dad. And they were all the same. They'd use her, break her heart and leave. So would we. A new town, a new school, and eventually a new walk away Joe. Ive moved six times since my father died."

I looked up into his beautiful blue eyes.

"I watched everyone of them treat her like dirt. Watched her cry and comforted her when they left. She never said so, but it was like a reminder of losing my father all over again for her. I thought, if this is dating I dont want no part of it. Why fall in love? It makes you vulnerable and he has your heart in his hands to do what he pleases with it. That didnt sound fun at all."

I wiped a tear, he sat there listening and holding my hand.

"Then I met you. I didn't understand why I couldn't get you off my mind. I tried so hard to ignore you, but you were persistent." I smiled.

"I realized I was trying to compare you to all the walk away Joe's my mom dated and I couldn't find one similarity. I decided to let you in, give the dating scene a try. Then you just started making your way into my heart no matter how i tried to keep you out, you managed to wiggle yourself in. Now, i can say love at first sight does exist, but not for everybody."

He stood up and pulled me into his arms. I lay my head on his chest, "Shes met another man Logan. Im afraid hes going to be another walk away Joe and we'll leave again." I whispered.

"We'll think of something Faith. No matter what happens we'll get through this baby."