Chapter Eighteen

God, seeing her was like getting hit with a shovel. It hurt, and it was surprising. Logan thought. He sat in the car waiting for Nancy, deep in thoughts.

Sure I still love her. She is amazing, she brought me out of the darkness and made me realize life can still be great. But I love Nikole and I can't, or won't do that to her. He thought.

Nancy walked out the door, followed by a teary eyed Faith. It hurt him deeply to see Faith crying. It hurt even worse knowing it was because of him she was crying.

Nancy hugged her for a good minute, said something and Faith nodded. She turned and started walking in the door. But she looked back at Logan before disappearing and shutting the door. Logan frowned.

Nancy got in the car shutting the door and started the engine.

Logan was still frowning.

"You're engaged huh?" She said quietly.

"Yes." Logan said, annoyed with his feelings and racing heart.

"She is so in love with you Logan." Nancy whispered.

"She'll move on." Logan said.

Nancy shook her head. "Your love touched her heart, her love for you will last the rest of her life."

Logan sighed. "I made a commitment to Nikole Nancy. I love her. She loves me and my daughter, something Faith didn't do. End of story."

"Alright, I'm just saying. That frown tells me other wise. And Logan, I've never seen two people look at each other with so much love as you and Faith do. I think you're making a mistake and I think you believe it too. Now, enough with the heavy. I put my two cents in and I'm done. Where would you like to go?" She said, smiling.

"The airport. I need to go home to my fiance and daughter." Logan whispered, pained. Faith's tear stained face was glued in his mind and he couldn't get rid of it. He was highly annoyed.

Later that night, Logan walked through his front door. There was a delicious smell coming from the kitchen. He could hear Aryianna and Nikole giggling. He smiled, knowing a family is something he's always wanted.

He set his keys on the end table.

"I'm home." Logan called.

"Daddy!" Aryianna called from the kitchen. He could hear her footsteps as she ran to him.

Logan knelt on his knee and held his arms out. She jumped into them and he wrapped her in a big hug.

"There's my beautiful girl. Gosh i missed you." He whispered into her ear.

"I missed you too daddy, next time i should go with you." She said, batting her eyelashes. She was so stinking cute, he thought smiling. He laughed and said maybe.

Nikole walked out of the kitchen.

God, she's so beautiful. Logan thought.

She had beautiful curly, brown hair with jade green eyes. They were such a bright green, full of love and laughter. A cute button nose, and a smile that could kill along with dimples.

"Hello my love." Logan smiled and kissed her gently on the lips.

"I missed you sweetheart." She smiled.

"Oh I'm sure I missed you more." He laughed, pulling her back into his arms.

All three of them headed for the kitchen, Aryianna jumping into his arms, one arm wrapped around Nikole. They were laughing and joking happily. He loved Faith still, but he also loved what he had here. He was a lucky man to have Nikole.