Chapter Thirty-One

Logan hadn't the faintest idea where he was.

The last thing he remembered was leaning his head against the window.

After that, his memory was blank. No idea how he got here, how long he'd been here or where he was.

Everything was white and foggy. But at that moment, the only thing he could focus on, was his mother.

"Mom?" He asked, his voice shaky.

She smiled. "Hello Logan."

"You're dead, does that mean I am?" He whispered, looking at all the fog clouding up.

"If you choose to be." She said smiling.

"I have a choice? Does everybody-"

"No Logan, just you." She smiled sadly.

"Why?" He asked.

"I'm not sure. But I know its not important. As of right now Logan, you are dead. The paramedics are trying to bring you back. They will if you choose to go back, if not you die and come with me." She smiled, then frowned.

"But I suggest you choose life Logan. Not many people get an option to go back. The chances are, you do because you have unfinished business and plans that He wants to see you finish." She smiled real big, pointing up as if to the heavens.

"You've grown into an amazing man. It wasn't because of Nikole, Logan. It was Faith. She's your soul mate that He purposefully created for you."

Logan snorted, "What kind of dream is this. I want to-"

"Once you say it, it will happen Logan. I will disappear and you will be awoken at the hospital." She spoke quietly, as if sad.

"I want to go back." He said each word slowly. He barely knew this woman and she's blabbering about soul mates. Not his idea of a conversation.