Chapter Thirteen

When Logan dropped me off i walked inside. I heard my mother crying in the kitchen. Dread filled my heart. No. I thought.

I slowly walked in the kitchen and there she was. Her face was red and blotched with tears. She had a can of chocolate frosting sitting in front of her shoveling it in her mouth. Jack was another walk away Joe. Tears spilled down my cheeks, and I felt my heart breaking. For her, for me, for Logan and what we had.

I knew what was coming. We would be leaving. We would pack this house up, sell it and venture off to a new town. A new school, new faces.

It always took us a week and a half to move. I had a week and a half with Logan. It wasn't long enough, no time would ever be long enough for me. He is my eternal heaven.

I grabbed my chest, my breaking heart hurt so much.

My mother looked over at me. "I'm sorry Faith." She cried.

"No, you can't mom. You can't make me move again." I whispered, pleading. Hoping for just once she would put my happiness before hers. Just this one time. But I saw it in her eyes, her mind was set.

Normally I would comfort her, but not this time. I ran up to my room and slammed the door shut locking it behind me. I flopped on my bed and cried over my broken heart.

Two hours later I heard a rock at my window. Logan. The pain filled my chest as I sadly got up and walked to the window. I climbed out of it and met him in the yard.

He was so beautiful in the moonlight.

He smiled. "I couldn't stay away any longer. I didn't want to wait for school in the morning to see you my love." He whispered.

"I'm not going to school Logan." I choked out.

"Why not love?"

"I have to help my mother pack the house up." I couldn't hold the tears in any longer.

"Pack?" He asked quietly, grief written on his face.

I nodded.

He caught his breath. I could see his hands shaking.

"When Faith?" He asked.

"A week and a half."

"Where this time? What part of texas love? I can drive to you." He said.

I shook my head. "Not texas Logan, we're going to Jacksonville, Florida." I cried.

His breathing picked up and it hurt him. It hurt me too. My heart was breaking, shattering and there was nothing I could do.

"We'll figure something out Faith. I promise honey." He whispered.

"What are we going to do Logan? What is there to do? I'm leaving and its not just a few hours away." I muttered, getting angry. "We might as well just give up, my mom really screwed it up for me this time."

He frowned, "What are you saying Faith? Are we just supposed to give up? Let go of the love we feel for each other? How could you say that love?"

I sighed, "I don't know what to do Logan. How am I going to see you if im in Florida?" I whined.

"We'll write each other, and call each other. Its only for a couple of months sweetheart, then you'll be eighteen and you can come back to me. We'll make it through this Faith. Just please, don't give up on us Faith. Promise me." He begged.

I was quiet for a moment. "I don't know. I have to go to bed Logan. I'll talk to you tomorrow, goodnight." I whispered and crawled up the vines and back into my window before he could stop me. I cried myself to sleep that night, I was madly in love with Logan. I knew he was the man I wanted to marry someday, to spend the rest of my life with. But if I knew that, then why was it so hard for me to believe we would last a few months without seeing each other? I was incredibly confused and did not see us winning this battle.