Chapter Fourteen

My mother and I were leaving in two days. I was packing my room up when my phone started ringing. I already knew it was Logan.

"Hey you." I answered.

"Is this Faith?" It was a girls voice.

"Yes." I answered, confused.

"This is Makylah, Logan's fiance. I was just going through his phone and saw your name. I'm curious as to how you know Logan?" She said.

My heart crashed and I felt anger, betrayal and pain.

"His fiance?" I whispered.

"Yes, you must be the girl he's cheating on me with. Did you know we have a two year old daughter together? Did he tell you that? Of course not, why would he when he didn't even tell you about me. He's cancelled the wedding three times. I'm not mad at you Faith, you didn't know. I just wish he wouldn't have done this to you. I'm so sorry." She said.

Tears burned in my eyes, a daughter? A fiance? I don't know Logan at all. I hung up on Makylah and threw my phone on the bed, angry.

Instead of flopping on the bed and crying like I wanted to, I just fumed and continued packing, ignoring the phone call I just received. I was such an idiot.

Three hours and fifteen missed calls and twenty three messages later, my mom knocked on the door. "Logan's here sweetie, he wants to see you." She said.

"Tell him to go away, or better yet go to hell." I said.

My mother looked shocked, "Want to talk about it?" She asked.

I shook my head. She slipped out and shut the door.

I hadn't listened to any of the voice mails or read any of the text messages.

I picked my phone up off the bed and opened the last one he sent.

'Faith, please talk to me. I will explain everything if you just let me. I'm not engaged, I promise. It is true I have a daughter but I only just found out six months ago. Makylah never told me about her. How was I supposed to tell you? Hey Faith, I have a two year old daughter that I only just found out about, oh and I haven't even met her yet. Please, you would have left me.'

I sighed, I didn't know what to think. But seeing Logan was not an option. Whether he was telling the truth or not, he lied. He kept a really big secret while I've told him everything about me. Not that there was much to tell, but still.