chapter thirty-six

Logan kicked a rock as he walked down the street. He was pissed off, not at Faith, not at Lucas but at himself. He didn't blame Faith at all for not caring.

Who was he trying to fool? Nikki was right, he was still madly in love with Faith. No matter how much he denied it, his heart couldn't lie. But he's been a complete jerk to her since she returned, no wonder she hates him. if she does. He'd be astounded if she didn't.

He decided he had a lot of apologizing to do. He also had a lot of praying to do, because he'd be lucky as hell if she even considered giving them another try.

Would she? That guy Lucas has been around a lot lately? Was he too late? Had he been to focused on trying to love Nikki that he didn't see Faith was slowly slipping into another man's arms?

The thought made his heart sink, he took another swig of his bottle and continued walking. He looked up and his heart started beating faster. He was at the pond Faith and him spent a lot of time at when they were dating. He didn't even realize this was where he was headed.

He walked over to the big oak tree and knelt in front of it. He smiled when he saw the carving.

F.T. + L.S. Forever and Always.

Their initials were carved inside a heart, with forver and always carved in cursive underneath. He rubbed it with his thumb, then stared out into the pond.

How could he be so stupid to think he could replace their love with Nikki? He'd never feel the way he feels about Faiith for anybody. What they had, it was beautiful and rare. Who cares if she got scared, she's not perfect. She was still his beautiful, stubborn, smart Faith. He didn't know yet what he was going to do but he knew he had to win her back.

The next morning he was getting dressed after his shower when his phone rang.

"She's at work?" Logan repeated. He nodded as he listened. "That's perfect, the truck will arrive at her place within an hour. I've got to go get the music and stereo setup. Thanks man." He hung up and slid his phone in his pocket.

He loaded the music and stereo in his car and headed to Faiths. She gets off work at five, so he had six hours to make everything right. Perfect. Beautiful.

He arrived at Faiths and grabbed the four speakers out, setting them up around her porch. Got the stereo out, plugged it in and popped the CD in.

He turned it to number five and cranked the volume up. He already knew the neighbors would step outside to see what all the noise was. But that just made it more special, Faith loved when he did romantic things with an audience. So, when they stepped out, he wasn't the least bit surprised.

Finally the truck was pulling up, he smiled and rubbed his hands together. Now the decorating comes, he thought as he made signals to the truck driver; helping him back up and park.