Chapter Twenty-Three

When Faith became conscious Nancy or Jack was no longer in the kitchen. She tried to lean forward to see if maybe they were in the living room.

She couldn't see them. She was breathing too fast and hard. She took slow, deep breaths and counted to ten to calm herself down. Then she listened.

She heard a car door shut and prayed to God they were saved. The front door opened and Nancy came stumbling through the door. She looked towards Faith and relief crossed her face, seeing Faith awake calmed her a little but not much.

"Faith! You're awake. Your pretty little friend here was just finding her phone so she could call Logan. Isn't that nice? Once he joins the party, the fun is really going to start." He laughed menacingly.

Faith laughed with him, her throat hurt so she coughed.

Jack snapped his head in her direction. "What's funny?"

Faith shook her head. "You obviously don't know how our relationship is. Logan's not going to come to my rescue. Hes getting married in two weeks. Why would he risk the start of his new life to rescue his ex girlfriend? He has a daughter, Jack. Boy, you sure didn't think this through. Let me dumb it down for you, shall I? Logan doesn't love me anymore. Those feelings are long gone. He doesn't care for me anymore." Faith mumbled weakly.

Jack cocked his head, staring at her. "Well, isn't this just getting interesting. But you my dear Faith, you still love Logan. I can see it in your pitiful eyes. How truly sad this is." He smiled, walking closer to Faith.

Faith turned her face down, hating to admit that Jack was right.

"He does still love her! I saw them talking, the way he looked at her. You could feel the chemistry pouring out of them both. He can deny it all he wants, he can pretend he's happy with his fiance but ive never seen two people look at each other the way Faith and Logan do. Please, don't hurt Faith. I'll call him and he will come to  her rescue because he does love her." Nancy said, pleading with Jack.

Faith looked at Nancy, shock and surprise on her face. Her eyes were watering up, "Nancy?" She whispered.

"It's true Faith." Nancy said crying.

"What have you done Nancy? Logan is safe where he is. What have you done?" Faith whispered. 

Jack smiled, "Call him Nancy." He took the phone and dialed Logan's number and placed it to her ear.

"Logan." Nancy said, fright in her voice.