Chapter Twenty-Two

Faith woke up around noon with a headache. She walked downstairs and saw Nancy still asleep on the couch. She walked into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee. Lucas had beat her to it.

"Good morning faith." He said, lowering his cup as well as his eyes.

"Look, I don't want anything to be awkward between us Lucas. We're two grown adults who got a little drunk last night. Nothing happened, so please don't feel like it has to be weird with us." Faith mumbled, pouring her a cup of coffee.

"Nicely said Faith. It's a deal. Zero weirdness." He smiled, winking at her before she left the kitchen.

"Look, i have to go to the store for breakfast. Would you like to come?" She asked, playing with a strand of her hair.

"I'd love to, lets go." He opened the door and started to walk out when a shovel hit him upside the head. He crumpled to the floor, out cold.

Faith screamed, surprised. She looked up at the door and who she saw filled her with pure terror.

"Hello, do you remember me? The man who's life is ruined because of you? You just couldn't keep your pretty mouth shut." Jack said angrily, sneering at her.

"What are you talking about Jack? I didn't say anything. Logan walked in on your little fun. You ruined your life by robbing the store." Faith whispered, trying to remain calm.  

He shook his head laughing, but his eyes were not amused. They were full of hate, anger and he looked crazy as hell. "No! After you left with Logan, someone called the cops. They arrested me Faith. My father bailed me out, but he took my money, he took my car, the coach kicked me off the team. It was over for me the night you came to that party. Logan ruined it for me as well." He spat, shaking the gun in her face.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her to the kitchen. He shoved Faith into the chair and grabbed some rope out of his pocket. After he had her tied to the chair he dragged Lucas in to the kitchen. He tied him up and gagged him, then threw him into the pantry locking the door.

Where in the hell is Nancy? Surely she can't still be asleep damn it. Faith thought.

"Well well well, look who I found trying to escape." Jack shouted, shoving Nancy into the kitchen. She looked frightened, and confused.

"Jack, let them go. They have nothing to do with this. This is between you, Logan and me. Just let them go." Faith spoke calmly.

"Faith, the party's just starting. What kind of host would I be if I didn't let your friends in on the fun?" He smiled coldly.

"Faith?" Nancy squeaked quietly.

"It's ok Nancy, this jerk is upset with Logan and me, you'll be ok."

Jack snarled. He walked up to Faith and slapped her across the cheek. "There's no need for name calling damn it. That's rude." He shouted.

He looked up at the ceiling. "Oh Logan, get you're pathetic ass down here so we can talk like men." Jack yelled.

Silence.

He snapped his eyes at Faith, "Where the hell is your stupid boyfriend Faith? Don't play games."

Faith laughed, she couldn't help it.

"Jack, if you're planning on kidnapping two people and torturing them I suggest you learn about them before you start." Faith said, smiling. She winced, her lip was cut from the slap. She could feel it when she smiled.

"What are you talking about?" He snapped.

"Me and Logan haven't been an item in two years. We broke up, he's engaged to somebody else." I whispered the last sentence. It still hurt.

"No!" He shouted, flinging items off the counter. Something large hit faith in the eyebrow, she felt dizzy for a second then passed out.