chapter fifteen

As I stepped out of the house I watched the street, I guess hoping Logan would forget my wishes not to see him and he'd show up.

"Faith sweetie, come on we've got to go before we miss our plane." My mother called.

She decided to forget all the furniture and appliances, just packing our clothes and necessities and flying to Florida.

I turned and locked the door, depositing the key in the mailbox.

As i was about to get in the car Logans jeep flew into the driveway. He stopped and jumped out.

"Faith!" He shouted.

I looked at my mother and she nodded, approving my need to say goodbye.

We met each other behind the car.

"Oh Faith, I thought I'd missed you. I know you don't wish to see me, but I had to say goodbye beautiful girl." He whispered, frowning.

Tears fell down my cheeks and I jumped into his chest, hugging him. He tensed for a second before relaxing and wrapping his loving arms around me.

"Thank you Logan." I whispered.

"For what?" He asked.

"Showing me how amazing love can be. I'll never forget you." I cried.

He pulled me back to look at my face. He smiled weakly, wiping my tears away.

"Faith, this isn't a true goodbye. It's just a short one. We'll see each other again, I promise."

"Logan, you lied to me. It wasn't just a small white lie, it was a really big one. I don't think i can forgive you." I whispered, looking away.

"You can't, or you don't want to Faith? Or maybe you can't accept the idea that i have a daughter." He spoke sadly.

"Maybe, I don't know Logan." My mom honked the horn.

I turned to go when he grabbed my wrist and i spun around, facing him. Our lips were nearly touching.

"I love you Faith Thompson. Don't you forget that." Then he kissed me, it was the most amazing kiss I have ever received from him. It was sad, but so loving. Sweet, sexy, passionate and intoxicating. I could feel myself getting dizzy.

He stepped back, and I thought I saw a tear but he turned before I could be certain.

Instead of getting in the front seat, i crawled in the back and lie down. I buried my face in my hands and i cried for a long time. My mother kept telling me she was sorry, but i didnt care to hear or respond.

She was number one on my unforgivable list.