Chapter Twenty-five

Faith was still tied to the chair in the kitchen, staring out the window.

Nancy was tied next to her, looking at Faith.

"I'm sorry Faith, he was going to hurt you again." She whispered.

"Its alright because I know you're wrong. Logan doesn't love me. He told me so, in his own kind of way. So, i know he'll stay where he is and remain safe." Faith mumbled.

Nancy shook her head. "No, he's already in texas Faith. I heard Jack talking to him on the phone. He's on his way to Dawson, because the two of you can be as stubborn as you want. But damn it Faith, he is still in love with you and he can deny it all he wants to. But I'm not stupid, he looks at you the way my husband looks at me. With admiration, he adores you, you can see by looking into his eyes that that man never stopped loving you."

Faith felt the tears falling, she didn't or couldn't believe it. She wouldn't give herself false hope. "Just shut up Nancy, can you do that for me?" She cried.

Nancy sighed, "Whatever."

"Oh girls, I just got off the phone with Logan. He will be here in ten minutes with no cops." Jack sneered.

"Looks like your friend here was right Faith. Logan can't help but come to your rescue because somewhere in his pathetic heart, he still loves you."

Faith cried more, but silently. Just letting the tears fall. She turned her head down, not wanting to meet Jacks eyes.

He laughed. "You're both pathetic fools, you let your feelings get in the way and your guard shoots down. Then this happens. It's both of y'alls fault."

Faith slowly turned her head up and glared at Jack. "This is nobody's fault but yours Jack. Because you're an incompetent, foolish idiot." Faith whispered menacingly, then spit at him.

Jack's face turned murderous, he raised the gun making Nancy scream, and hit Faith multiple times across the face with it. She blacked out, thanking God she didn't have to be awake for this nightmare.

Jack stopped beating her and smiled at her black and blue bloodied up face. "You will learn manners for the man with the gun." He walked out of the kitchen leaving Nancy in shock.