Chapter Seven

The next morning i wake up at ten thirty and walk downstairs.

"Faith! What happened to your cheek honey?" My mom says grabbing my chin.

"We took a walk and i walked into a tree branch. Its just a scrape mom." I smile.

"Thats so you. My clumsy daughter." She chuckles. "So, how was your date?" She asks.

"It was fine." I lie.

"Will you see him again?"

"Probably not." I say shaking my head.

"Why not?"

"Dating just isnt for me. Id rather not talk about it mom." I shake my head, sigh and go back to my room shutting the door.

I pick up my phone and see logan messaged me. We swapped numbers at the party last night.

Good morning beautiful. Can I come see you? I'll bring you coffee. :-)

Faith, I'm sorry about last night. Please answer me. :(

I'm gonna come over ok. See you soon.

That message was sent ten minutes ago which means he should be here. The doorbell rings. I open my door and run downstairs just as my mom gets to the door.

"I dont want to see him." I say.

"Faith, you need to face your problems, not run from them."

"You mean like you? With all your walk away Joe's?" I glare at her.

"Don't call them that and this isn't up for discussion."

She opens the door, far enough that logan can see me. He sees the cut on my cheek and guilt fills his eyes.

"Hi Faith." He whispers, smiling.

I cant help but smile back, his smile is contagious.

"Take a walk with me?" He asks.

"Just give me a minute, i say and walk to the door closing it.

"Why would you open the door mom? I said i dont want to see him." I say angrily.

"I see the way you look at each other. Dont mess that up, love is beautiful, too amazing to be wasted by a small problem." She said sternly and opened the door.

I sighed and walked outside.

He said nothing but we started walking.

About five minutes later he spoke.

"Faith, why didnt you answer my messages?"

"I was downstairs with my mother, when i read them you were ringing my doorbell." I said honestly.

He nodded. "You're trying to distance yourself, i see it in your eyes."

I looked away quickly.

"Faith, what happened last night, i take full blame. I should've escorted you to the bathroom. But please don't give up on me. Im sorry." He whispers brushing my hand with his. I dont speak.

Neither does he, so we just walk and i look at the scenery thinking how beautiful it is. My dads words pop in my head.

"Never give up Faith. Fight like the strong woman i know you to be. Dont ever stay mad because you never know when your last day is. And live everyday like its your last."

It brought a tear to my eye.

"Its ok logan. Its not your fault, i wanted to experience this life and my first time happened to be a bad experience. But i probably dont want to attend anymore parties for awhile." I say quietly.

He grins. "Deal."