Chapter Twenty-eight

Faith and Logan were sitting there with glum faces. Nancy was glaring at the both of them. Nobody spoke.

Faith heard a moan and looked down at Lucas. He was waking up. His hands were tied behind his back, and his ankles tied.

"Lucas, thank goodness! Are you ok?" Faith whispered, receiving a cold look from Logan.

Lucas looked around, then found Faith. His eyes turned angry when he saw her face beaten and swollen. "Damn Faith, what the hell did he do to you?" He grumbled.

"Don't worry about that. We have a plan, but you need to work with Logan. You're the only one that can move, we're tied to chairs."

Lucas looked at Logan, they both glared at each other. But he looked back at Faith and nodded.

She tried to smile at him, making Logan glare more and she winced because it hurt to smile.

"Ok." She whispered, "Logan has a pocket knife in his pocket. You need to get your hands in front of you and retrieve his knife."

Lucas glared at her then, "You want me to reach into his pocket?" He mumbled.

Faith nodded.

Lucas shook his head. "No."

Nancy stomped her foot, again. "Damn it Lucas don't be a child. If one of us could do it we would. You're the only one not tied to a chair. So suck it up and just do it. I swear, you three are so childish it really annoys me." She said frustrated.

Lucas sighed but brought his arms under his legs and over his feet, bringing his hands in front of him.

He scooted over to Logan who rolled his eyes but lifted his hip so Lucas had better access to his pocket.

Lucas dug his fingers in and grabbed the knife. "Where is the dick anyway? Lucas asked, looking behind his shoulder.

"He left, we don't know where to or how long so you must hurry." Faith whispered.

Lucas started cutting Logans rope on his wrists behind the chair. It took ten dreadful long minutes. When he was done Logan took the knife and started cutting his ankles free.

He moved to Faith next, then Nancy.

He looked at Lucas and set the knife down. "You want him free Faith, you do it." He glared at Lucas who glared back.

Faith sighed and stumbled to the knife. She grabbed it and slowly limping walked over to lucas. She cut him free.

"Call the cops Nancy." Faith said, helping Lucas up.

She headed upstairs when Logan grabbed her wrist. She winced, because of the ropes her wrists were cut and tender.

"Let go Logan, that hurts." She said staring at him.

He let go, "I'm sorry, where are you going?"

"Don't worry. I'll be right back." She muttered, shaking her head and continued up the stairs.

She walked in her room, knelt beside her bed. She felt the bottom of the bed and found her 9 mm gun taped to it. She ripped it off and walked back downstairs.

Logan's eyes became wide when he seen her with the gun.

"Faith, no. There's no need to shoot him. We just knock him out and hand him over to the cops. Nobody needs to get hurt. " He said, trying to calm her down.

"Nobody needs to get hurt? Logan, look at my face, look at you! Look what he did to Lucas 's face! I'm not going to hurt Jack Logan." She said raising her voice.

"That's good Faith." He said softly, still looking at the gun in her hand.

"I'm going to kill him." Her voice was full of anger. Nancy and Lucas gasped. Logan stared at her, surprised.

"W-What was that??" He asked.

"He came into my house, tied me to a chair and beat the shit out of me. He tied my friends up, he shot you Logan! Twice! Who the hell does he think he is? I'm. Going. To. Kill. Him." She muttered, pronouncing the last five words slowly, with so much hate in them.

Logan shook his head. "No you're not Faith. This isn't you, the Faith I know is kind, loving, fun and couldn't hurt a fly even if she wanted to. You won't do it, its not who you are. The Faith I know, she would never hurt someone no matter how much they deserve it. Please Faith, put the gun down." Logan whispered, taking a step forward.

Faith raised the gun at Logan. She had tears in her eyes. "Don't do that Logan! You don't know me damn it! You haven't known me for three years, so don't come here and act like you do, don't come here pretending you love me! I've changed! I'm a lot stronger and I don't take bullshit anymore! Especially yours, you say you love me Logan! I don't believe you. You have a perfect family now. So just don't." She cried and sobbed.

Logan was frowning. He put his hands up.

Lucas slowly walked to Faith. "Faith sweetheart, you don't want to kill him, so please just put the gun down. You'll have nightmares the rest of your life, you'll carry around this guilt that will drag you down. You don't want that. Please sweetie." He spoke softly.

Faith was watching him, crying. Nancy saw the anger in her eyes turn from anger to confusion and sadness. She dropped the gun in Lucas 's hand and dropped to her knees crying.

"I'm sorry Logan." She sobbed.

Logan sighed sadly, his heart feeling Faith's pain. He knelt beside her and held her while she cried.

"I'm so sorry Logan, I'm so sorry." she sobbed, repeating her words.

"Shh Faith, its alright sweetie. You did nothing wrong. Everything's going to be ok. I promise." He whispered, stroking her hair.

She sat down and sobbed, letting Logan hold her for this moment. Cherishing it. Because she knew eventually he would return to the family he loved. And she would be alone again. But she decided the pain when he left would be worth this moment of closeness between them.