Chapter Twenty-Six

Logan pulled up in Faith's driveway, he never expected to be here again. He sighed and looked at the house. He had no idea of Jack's plans, or why he wanted Faith and him together.

He wasn't afraid though. He opened the door and stepped out. He shut the door as quietly as he could then snuck around to the back of the house. He peered around the corner before stepping onto the porch.

When he got to the back door, he looked through its window. He didn't see anybody, he tested the knob and it was unlocked. He quietly opened the door and stepped in.

He could hear someone crying softly. Nancy? Maybe, he wasn't sure.

He walked down the hall that led to the kitchen. He was halfway there when he heard footsteps upstairs. He paused, when he was sure they weren't coming down he continued to the kitchen.

The first one he saw was Nancy, her eyes lit up and she was about to say something. Logan put his finger to his lip and she remained quiet.

He looked over and what he saw filled him with fury, and hate, and grief, and agony.

Faith, tied to a chair passed out with her beautiful face so beaten she was barely recognisable.

"Oh my God." He whispered.

Nancy looked at Faith, but turned away quickly wincing and sobbed.

Logan walked up to her and trailed his finger long her swollen cheek.

"Oh God Faith, what did he do to you?" Logan whispered, feeling a single tear roll down his cheek.

He started to untie her when he heard something in the pantry. He snapped his head in that direction. A loud noise, as if something hit the door.

"What's in there?" Logan asked Nancy.

She didn't reply.

He looked over to her, she either fainted or fell asleep.

He hesitated, then took a step towards the pantry. He grabbed the knob and swung it open real quick.

A man, maybe in his thirties fell out. He was tied and gagged.

"Who the hell are you?" Logan whispered.

The man glared at him.

Logan knelt down and took the scarf out of his mouth.

"I'm Nancy's friend. And you must be Logan, the world class jerk." He breathed, coughing.

Logan frowned. "Look, i don't know where Jack is but i need your help. so, im going to untie you, but you have to work with me."

The man nodded, still glaring at Logan.

Logan got him untied and he stood up.

They heard Jack's footsteps coming down the stairs ten minutes later.

"Where the hell is Logan?" He shouted.

As he turned the corner to the kitchen Logan yelled Now and both Logan and the man Logan still didnt know the name of rushed at Jack.

The man hit him first, Logan was almost on him when he saw the gun in Jack's hand.

He pulled the trigger and the bullet hit Logan in the shoulder. He fell to the ground groaning.

Jack kicked the man off him, stood up and kicked him in the face. The man passed out.

"Damn it! I will have order in this fucking house you piece of shits!" He shouted, infuriated and red in the face. He had the gun pointed at Logan.

Nancy had woken, and was sobbing again.

Faith was still out cold. Logan was worried about her, he looked at Jack.

Jack aimed the gun at his other shoulder and pulled the trigger.

"Aaaargh!" Logan screamed.

"That's for ruining my life you dick." Jack sneered.