Chapter 34

Hatspehut

The mansion that was once full of life and people is starting to diminish. The people are starting to go to the fort or safe places since now its a fact that Aria and her full army is on my land. The only ones that know that the werewolf army will be cut in half on the night of the blood moon is of course Saryia and myself, along with our war council. Speaking of they all left a few days ago, we have been sneaking people out to safe places and the fort. The only ones left in the mansion are me, Saryia, Belle, Jamie, Marie, Odin, and Apollo. The guards have left so Aria won't have reason to attack the mansion.

Over these few days we have gotten a lot of mail from Aria, that makes me want to throw up about what she had to say in those letters. Also we have gotten a full death toll. My heart sank to think that this many people died for our cause for battle. Almost over 5.3 million died in just six months. It defiantly will go down in the history books, that is an incredibly high rate of deaths for one side in just six months. From the letters from the younger elders their side has lost a lot more than we have.

Because our defenses held so well the wolves and their human legions are half dead. And on top of that they have a complete idiot telling them where to go. I've talked to the older elder's children and they said they want to come to the conference before the battle with Saryia and I. They said they wanted to look their parents in the eyes one more time before they die. It amazes me that they are willing to let their parents go so easily. I cried every night when I found out about mom and dad.

As I stand here on the balcony looking up at the crescent moon I can feel a great power coming into my system. I have never felt this type of power, it feels like a full moon times five. Lost in my thoughts I don't realize two arms wrapping around my waist pulling into a perfect torso.

"It's getting late. You coming to bed now?" Saryia puts her chin on my shoulder then sways gently with me in her arms.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a bit. Just thinking about all of this. We are going to be leaving the mansion tomorrow, haven't really left here in four years. I know we would go on trips, but we would always come back." Saryia nods against my bare shoulder.

"I understand, but we will be coming back. All of us." I sigh very deeply and her grip tightens.

"Belle sleeping?" I turn my head back slightly referring to Belle who has been sleeping with us since Sonya and David left with the pack few weeks ago.

"Yep, sound asleep. You know when we get to the fort you will have to start wearing the amulet again. Need to get used to it all over again." I shake my head thinking about that stupid amulet. I have been without that thing in four months, and I have never been calmer. I had my sessions with the shrink and he said I'm okay, and I can see it in my personal life. I really have gotten better with my anger, actually I have little to none now.

"I'm ready for it. I know I can handle it." The Saryia turns me around to face her. Her steady light blue eyes go straight to my soul.

"Promise me, no matter what happens, no matter what you feel that you won't loose control." The seriousness in her voice tells me that this is very important to her and I nod slowly. Saryia grins then kisses me before leading me back to the bed where Belle lays with her teddy wrapped tightly in her arms.

"I hope her mate will be ready, she's a cuddler." Saryia whispers in my ear. I chuckle quietly and look at my Belle sleeping peacefully. I can't wait to see who her mate is. All I know is her mate better not make her cry or I'll loose it. Nobody hurts my little girl. I smile to myself and get in the bed and pull Belle into my arms. She stirs for a second then nuzzles into my chest. My wolf coos with happiness as she feels Saryia's body behind ours.