Chapter 22

Saryia

After that agonizing three weeks I finally have my family back together. Haty has been working hard on her letter to the public. She has rewritten it bout fifty times. I don't want any stress on her so we including our sweet little daughter Belle are heading down to the lake for a play day. I would rather have everyday like this with my family, but the world isn't that simple at the moment.

Besides the end of fall approaches quickly, I want to have a little family time before the snow begins to fall. Belle rushes in front of Haty and I with the picnic basket. My darling love stays by my side holding my hand tightly. She glances up at me and smiles. My heart nearly stops every time those stunning dark brown eyes look up at me. I have to stop her this time and pull her into my embrace and into a kiss.

Hatspehut chuckles and kisses me back. We have both been in a better mood since we made up. Its been even better than before, but still there are somethings that need to be worked out. Like what to do about Belle. We have been talking about adopting a vampire child to rule vampire while she rules werewolf. Haty makes a good point in saying that her being monarch of both races would make some of the tension disappear, but there will be resentment. I think our little girl can handle it when she's a woman. Belle comes running back up the hill to us.

"Common! I haven't got all day!" She get behind us and pushes us forward. Haty and I laugh then I pick up our daughter and swing her around. I hold her close to me and Haty sneaks in and begins to tickle her. Belle squirmed in my arms laughing uncontrollably. Hatspehut finally stops tickling her and kisses her head.

"Oh yes you have so much more import things to do princess. We mustn't waist time should we my amazing queen?" I nod my head in agreement and put Belle down.

"Lead the way Princess Belle." Belle smiles then takes my and Haty's hand. She leads down to the bank where to basket sits.

"Remember honey no getting in the water just put your feet in." Haty reminds Belle. Belle inches towards the water. She looks back at me then drags me to the water.

"Put your foot in first mommy." I smile down at her and pat her head. I slip my sandal off then go to the water. I trace my foot over the water then I feel two arms wrap around my waist. I scream and see Haty with a big smile on her face. My jaw drops knowing exactly what she is thinking about.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Do it momma do it!" Belle cheers on. Hatspehut smiles the hurls me in the water. The cold water stings my skin. I burst from under the water with a gasp. I look over at Belle and she is on the ground laughing. Hatspehut stands there with an even bigger smile on her face.

"Refreshed?" She says then burst out laughing. I walk up to the edge then grab her by her waist and pull her in with me.

"Ahh! Cold! Cold! Cold!" She cries out and scurries out of the water. I lost feeling for warmth and cold long time ago, so the water isn't that bad to me. I walk out the water up to Hatspehut. She bites her lips then smacks my arm shivering. 

"Refreshed?" I say crossing my arms. She sticks her tongue out at me, gracefully she turns around and sits on the picnic blanket with Belle. I chuckle to myself then take my place next to her. I gently put my jacket around her then pull her to me.

"Am I forgiven?" I whisper in her ear. The German lit must have given her the chills because she shivered as I said it. She nods then kisses my cheek.

"All is forgiven." She purrs into my ear. My own body shivers at her tone. I hold her tighter then Belle sets out the plates. We start to eat and laugh and just forget about what is happening outside our fort like home. The peace and tranquility around us make us all relax. The beauty of our surroundings really makes us forget about everything else. The many colors of the leaves swirl around us dancing carelessly in the wind.