Chapter 9

Apollo

Once I got the order from Haty I get going to find the elders. I must admit, I am not too thrilled that I have to listen to what my little sister tells me, but father gave me specific instructions to protect her. He said if she dies then so does our kind. I hope he didn't mean we all literally die, but with that man and all his riddles and wisdom you never knew exactly what he was talking about.

I don't mind listening to Haty, but my peaceful, flower power, love, peace, and save the whales brother is another story. Hatspehut since she is the highest Alpha didn't see it fit for her to be a Beta, so she gave the spot to me. Odin is the Alpha of Saryia's pack and I am the damn Beta. I am so much stronger than my little brother, I could take over the pack anytime I want. I have supporters that want me too, but so does Odin.

Clearing all that bullshit from my head I walk quietly down the halls of the palace. Odin gets the fun job and gets to go down to find Jamie. Then again I can hold and understand information and little hippy brother Odin cant so it is a good idea that I am going to spy on the elders and Aria. As I walk down the halls I see Fawn walking down the halls with a usual smile on her face.

"Hi Apollo!" She walks up to me and hugs me. Fawn being as short as she is only comes up to my stomach. I am one big guy though, 6'7 is very big. I hug her back then let go of her. Fawn is such a cute little thing. So innocent, but at the same time not thanks to Sabrina.

"Hey Fawn. Do you know where your mate is by chance?" Fawn nods then comes closer, her face gets serious.

"Throne room with the rest of the elders and Aria." She whispers to me. I pat her back then start to walk.

"Apollo." I turn back around and look at little Fawn. She looks up into my eyes then smiles.

"Tell Rayne I said hi." I nod then wave bye then continue now to the throne room. I walk past a lot of guards along the way, but they do nothing but bow to me. My wolf holds his head up and bask in glory. Since we have become immortal he has gotten a fat head. I am too but at least I can control my ego.

"That's why Odin is Alpha and not us." My wolf growls. I shut him up and make my way to the throne room. Two big guards though still smaller than me stand in front of the doors. I growl to myself, I stand flat as I can next to the wall.

"Got any ideas?" My wolf whispers. A devilish smirk comes across my face.

"One." My wolf understands and my eyes turn pitch black. I walk out so the guards can see me. They take out their swords and my wolf begins to growl. One charges me, I doge his sword then take it out his hand. These boys are poorly trained. Aria must not have them train in human form. I take the boys sword and hit him in the head with the hilt. The boy falls to the ground out cold.

The other one runs to me and swings his sword wildly. Swiftly I move out his way and disarm him then knock him out as well. He falls to the ground, his chain mail clinks with him. I quickly pick the boys up and put them far away from the throne room with some beer bottles. Just to make it look like they were drunk.

I walk back to the throne room  and crack the door open. I hear William and Aria talking in there. I shush my wolf who wants to go in there and kill that poser queen. Even though I want to I have orders from the real queen. 

"Aria, I don't think that plan will work too well. Saryia is the empress' mate now, she will kill you if you actually kill her mate! You must understand, now that she has the amulet she is a ruthless killer. She won't hesitate to kill us all!"

"And neither will I!"  My wolf snarls. Aria sits back in her chair then smiles darkly.

"I don't think Empress Hatspehut knows what the power means. Her family didn't tell her that she was empress, so she must not know that she can control all of you. If she doesn't have the knowledge of her supreme Alpha tone, then she can't use it right?" Elder Sirius Krov' nods his yes.