Chapter 29

Jamie

I watch Marie intently as she practices her sword fighting with Dawn. She is making progress, but I still won't allow her to fight. She is way too precious to me, it pains my heart to think that I will go on in life without her. Marie and I know that my potions aren't working. They are all turning into failures, and the only option that I dread more than anything is turning her. One reason I don't want to is I just want her to be free and not be grounded by blood or anything else she doesn't want. Second is she has to have her creator around her at all times. Unlike Saryia and I and pureblood vampires, human that are turned have to stay with their creator until they can stand on their own. I wouldn't mind being Marie's creator, but the thing is I have to be the one to turn her, that means drinking her blood, and I'm a vegetarian! It would be hard but I rather be her creator than anyone else.

Another big reason is you change when you turn.Saryia is a perfect example, she was completely sweet and innocent before we turned. As it is well know she became vicious and cruel, and me I became pathetic and heartbroken. Marie is perfect the way she is, I don't want to change anything about her, if it is absolutely necessary for her to be turned then I will do it. Marie is taken down to the ground with a thud. I rush over to her side and help her to her feet.

"Very good Marie, but never hesitate. The wolves wont hesitate to bite your throat out, so don't hesitate to cut out theirs... End of lesson for today." Dawn looks behind me at Saryia and Exous standing there. Dawn leaves the room quickly and takes her son with her. Exous sighs deeply then looks over at Saryia.

"Jamie we need to talk with you." I look over at Marie then nod.

"Baby wait for me in our room." Marie nods then pecks my lips. I watch her leave then leave with Saryia and Exous.

"I need your option on something Exous has proposed." Saryia grimly says. I look over at Exous, he nods and smooths back his short black hair.

"I want to go to Salem and fight the wolves." My jaw drops completely from my face.

"Are you nuts?! You just found out you have a son, and now you want to go and kill yourself?!" I blurt out in shock. Exous drops his electric blue eyes from mine.

"He isn't my son. I may have helped in his creation but he isn't mine."

"You can't give up on him! He is first half blood child in over two centuries, he needs to know how to fight himself, so you have to be there for him. Going to Salem to fight an entire army of werewolves is not a good way to help him!" Exous sighs then takes my hands.

"I promise I will come back in one piece to help raise him. You two risked your lives to protect my place of birth once before, I only want to return the favor. Please Jamie?" Exous' eyes plea me to say yes. Exous has been with us since the start. I couldn't imagine not having him with us.

"Saryia?" She grins then nods.

"I think we should let him do it." I sigh defeated then nod. Exous' face lights up and he pulls me into a hug. Saryia coughs breaking the hug.

"On one condition that you talk to Dawn about your son. I have been talking to her making sure that there won't be any bad blood between us. I'm making her queen of the humans when this is all over." Exous nods then bows his head to Saryia.

"I'll prepare myself to depart." Suddenly the attack alarm blares through the hallways. Someone is attacking the mansion! Saryia, Exous, and I start running to get our swords and shields. We run to the front and see Hatspehut and the pack battling some wolves. Maids run through the halls ushering children to safe rooms. Fawn comes charging down the steps with her bow and arrows. Using quick thinking I pick her up by her waist and place her in a corner.