Chapter 10

Odin

I got the order from Haty to go down to the bottom floor of the palace to look for Jamie. She must have gotten a tip from Sabrina, David, or Miguel. They are the only three elders that support Saryia and my sister. I think it is a good idea she let me do this job. While I go down to look for Jamie, my stubborn, hotheaded, fatheaded, insubordinate, jackass, asshole, mr. always ready for war, stupid brother spies on the elders and Aria.

All I hope is he doesn't barge in like the hot head he is. Must he always want to fight? Can't he be peaceful for once? I always see him do it with his mate and his sons, so why can't he be that way all the time? Oh well, he'll calm down soon enough. I set my mind on my goal and make my way down the stairs.

As I go further down into the bottom of the palace the security gets tougher. They must think that Jamie is as strong as Saryia. That's a joke, Saryia is the most powerful vampire in the world. Jamie comes in second, but still Jamie is no threat to Saryia. Especially now that Saryia is Queen of Vampires and High Luna of all Werewolves. Practically Saryia is untouchable. If you stop to think about it you could see that it is kind of scary how much power she has.

I focus and make my way pass the guards without being detected. Knowing Apollo, he would kill all these guards and quickly draw attention to himself. I shake my head and so does my wolf.

"He wants our spot in the pack you know." I snarl quietly.

"I know that. He won't be able to take it from me." My wolf laughs.

"You know your afraid of him. We both know he can defeat us, too easily." I mentally slap my wolf and he shoves me.

"Shut up! I'm not afraid of that barbarian!" My wolf laughs again.

"Oh please, you are literally pissing in your pants when he is about to challenge us! Just look at what your up against, first off he's 6'7 and we are 6'3, he is a big muscle head and we are a stick compared to him, face it he was always supposed to be the Alpha. Save us both the ass kicking and the humiliation and give him the pack!"

"No! It's our pack and I'm not giving it up! There are wolves in that pack that want us as Alpha and I will not disappoint them. What will we tell Kelly? How am I supposed to tell her that daddy isn't going to be Alpha anymore? Think how that would break her heart." My wolf sniffles thinking about our pup being sad. He nods then I run into something hard, something metal. I look up and see one of the guards.

"What are you doing down here Lord Odin?" The guard helps me to my feet and I glare at him for running into me. His head bows and I hit him in the back of the head. He falls to the ground with a thud.

"Damn that was close." My wolf nods then I grab the sword from the soldier's scabbard. I hear more footsteps coming down the hall and I move on quickly to the next floor. I am stopped by a wall of guards.

"My Lord, I must ask you to go back to your room please." A guard says drawing his sword.

"How about no." My wolf growls. My eyes become dark and a loud snarl comes from my throat.

"No." I growl then attack the guards. I find out quickly that these wolves haven't been trained correctly. I take down the ten or so men quickly then move to the next floor. The sounds of clanking armor and grunts of pain bring more soldiers to the fight.

"Dammit!" I say when I see the soldiers running my way. I may be stronger now that I am immortal, but still I can't take all these guys alone. Oh crap, I have to get Apollo down here wherever he is.

"Apollo! I need you! Come to the bottom of the palace! Hurry!" I say as a solider charges me. I jump over him and knock over the next four wolves. I duck ones weapon and hit him in the stomach. He falls over and groans in pain. Another one attacks me, swinging his swords like a wild man. I fight back and forth with him until another solider comes in to help him.