Chapter 24

Hatspehut

My speed kept growing as I slid further down this dark hole. I tried to stop myself many times, but the slide is too slippery. I hit a bump and go flying through the air and hit an old mattress with a thud. All the wind in my chest is blown right out. I gasp for air for a moment then pick myself up from the mattress. Looking around I see a light hanging above my head and a dim, damp, hallway ahead of me. A scent comes from the end of the hall.

It might be a way out of here, wherever I am. I make my path to the end of the long hall, a dim light begins to show at the end.

"Are we dead?" My wolf ask me stupidly.

"No stupid we aren't dead! Shut up and let me think for a second."

"Ha! Think? You? You really haven't been doing a lot of that for a while." I stop in my track and turn to face my wolf.

"What is that supposed to mean?!" She growls at me then snaps her teeth at me.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! You've been acting like a big douche bag to our mate for a complete month. Just because that chick showed up doesn't mean that Saryia will go back to her, and just because Belle didn't know a few things doesn't mean you go all crazy on Saryia and her people. You need to get your act together and get Mor away from us! Take the counselor guy seriously, or we might loose everything we both love."  I try to make a counter attack, but she is right. I hate when she is right.

"You would be in such a hell hole without me." I roll my eyes then scratch her head.

"Don't get a fat head. Now shut up so I can get us out of here." My wolf shuts up and I make my way again to the dim light at the end of this hall. Around me the walls drip with the little moister that is around me. At the end of the hall is another door it could be the way out of here, wherever I am.

Pushing open the wooden door I come across not the way out, but a fancy, high tech, all white lab. Defiantly a chemistry lab. All types of colorful test tubes are shaking, spinning, bubbling, whistling, and some just sitting there on the five desks. The only thing that isn't white is a bookcase.

This bookcase was all brown, it has only one large book the rest are notebooks. The large book doesn't look suspicious at all, this has to be the way out. I really hope it is cause this room is making me feel like I'm in a psych ward. I pull on the book and in a flash I am flat on my face again, wind knocked from my chest.

A groan escapes my lips as I stumble to my feet again coughing my brains out. My first glance at the new room I was in sent chills up and down my spine. This room looks like a witches lair. It had little lighting, this place is packed with books, almost as many as Saryia's library. On the brown desk was scattered many notebooks, all of them had different years written on the front. I picked up one that had 1754 on it. I open it and it has recipes and a lot of research. Most of it was about werewolves, and our weakness to silver.

Then the fire wood cracked and a very familiar scent swiftly danced in my nose... wildflowers.

"Hello Hatspehut." I nearly jumped out my skin at the sound of Jamie's voice. She turns on the light next to the chair she sat in. Her white blouse is unbuttoned at the top, her dress pants cling tightly to her legs, she has one of those notebooks in her hand.

Still holding my hand over my heart I choke out. "Jamie! Are you trying to give me a heart attack!" She chuckles then gracefully stands up.

"Forgive me. Its the unfortunate side affects of a bad habit potion I was working on. I don't know when the affects will wear off, but its good observation and good notes. Also I was busy in my studies to notice you. Welcome to my lab." She comes over to me and takes the notebook from my hand.