"What's going on, Jeffrey?" Emma asked, looking at me.

I pulled my yellow leather jacket over my hoodie and placed my phone in the inner pocket. "Maybe I should ask you?" I replied, opening the door.

Emma grabbed my arm and forced me to close the door. She pinned me up against the cold wood, forcing me to make eye contact.

"Stop Emma!" I hissed.

"You just woke up and now you're totally pissed at me. What the fuck is going on?!" Emma questioned. "You don't even appreciate that I woke up early just to make you pancakes" She added.

"Maybe you should just tell me the truth instead of hiding things from me" I yelled, removing her hands from me.

"I work my ass off just to make you happy, I work because we need money, I work because I want to treat you like a princess.... I'm your god damn fiancé and we are expecting a baby, stop fucking lying to me or hiding things from me" I added.

I'm pretty sure the whole apartment building heard me, but I didn't care. I was mad and disappointed. Emma was speechless and her eyes started welling up with tears. She knew that I was mad because I usually just don't yell at people, especially not her.

"Just let me go, I need space," I said, grabbing my keys on the floor.

Emma placed her hands on her stomach and turned around. I sighed and stepped out of the apartment, closing the door behind me.

***

Emma's POV

After sitting speechless on the settee in the hallway for almost two hours, I called my mom. I wanted to talk with my mom and dad, not about me and Jeffrey, but just about regular things.

I got changed into some loose-fitting clothes and within minutes I was on my way to my parent's house.

When I arrived I got met by my mom in the driveway. She looked so happy to see me, and I couldn't help but smile when I saw that she was standing with Sammy in her arms. He was still so small and cute.

"Where is Jeffrey?" My dad asked as I entered the house.

"He's working" I replied, smiling at him.

I tried my best to hide the fact that I didn't know where he was or what he was doing, but it was hard.

"Bless him! He's working so hard" My mom said, placing her hand on my back.

I smiled weakly. My bad conscience kept growing inside me.

"How are you and dad?" I asked, hanging my jacket on the coat hook.

"Fine as usual" My mom chuckled, giving me a hug.

"Have you and Jeffrey planned the wedding yet?" My dad asked, opening the door into the living room. "Not yet" I replied. They both kept asking me questions about Jeffrey, and I couldn't stop thinking about him.

After spending hours at my parent's place, I decided to leave. My parents still wanted to keep Sammy for a little while, so I didn't take him with me. On my way back home I decided to visit Juliet. The only person I actually could talk to about Jeffrey.

To my surprise, I wasn't the only person, who was having problems. Juliet and I were both in the same boat.

"Do you want some tea?" Juliet asked, smiling at me.

"Yes please!" I replied, placing myself on the couch.

"Do you and Norman not date anymore?" I asked, sighing.

"He hasn't contacted me since he got discharged from the hospital, I feel like an idiot" Juliet sighed, handing me the vacuum jug.

"Are you serious?!" I replied.

"He keeps ignoring my phone calls and messages," Juliet said, taking a sip of her tea.

Tears welled up in her eyes.

***

Jeffrey's POV

After driving around in Brooklyn the whole day, doing nothing else but overthinking and drinking coffee, I decided to head back home. It was late so I didn't expect Emma to be out or awake.

When I came home I got really surprised. The lights were out and Emma wasn't home.

I hung my leather jacket on the coat hook and turned on the lights in the kitchen. I was hungry, so I grabbed a sandwich in the fridge. I threw myself down on the couch and turned on the television.

After a little while, I went out as a light.

**

In the middle of the night, I woke up to the sound of Emma. I quickly stood up and turned on the lights. At first, I thought someone had broken into our apartment, but then I spotted Emma standing behind the kitchen island. She had tears in her eyes, and she was sobbing.

"Please talk to me Jeffrey, I'm really sorry," She said, placing her coat on the tabletop.

I walked over to Emma and wrapped my arms around her. I looked at the clock, which was hanging on the wall behind her. It was 3 am.

"Where have you been, baby?" I asked, rubbing her back.

"At Juliet's place," She cried.

"I hate arguing with you

"I hate arguing with you.... you know that" I whispered.

Emma cried so hard that she barely could find words.

"Baby... breathe," I said, pulling away from her and looking her deeply in the eyes.

"Jeffrey. I'm really sorry" Emma said, wrapping her arms around me again.

I slowly picked her up and carried her into the bedroom. I placed her on the bed and pulled my t-shirt over my head. I helped Emma getting undressed because she was so confused and helpless.

I climbed into bed and threw the comforter over us.

"What happened Emma?" I asked, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"I just realized that I can't live without you, I should have told you about the pills and the doctor... I hate arguing with you, Jeffrey" She cried.

"Please stop crying Emma, you know I love you" I replied, kissing her forehead.

--------------------------
Hey girls! I'm finally back.

Sorry for being so inactive, but I have just been stressed out for weeks. My dad's uncle passed away last week, and I'm having such a run of bad luck at the moment. I'll try my best to update again. Hope you guys understand. ♡

/Michelle