Chapter 40: Terrorism

Saunders led the agents into Albert Salnekov's old house and into the room where he had been debating with his henchmen. The room was covered in calendars and documents. The walls were lined with many filing cabinets and but the middle of the room was mostly taken up with a map of not only Russia, but the world.

"They were planning on doing more than just dominating Russia," Saunders pointed at the drawings on the map. "This was a heist on a worldwide scale."

"They had enough power to do that?" Gaby read the notes on the map.

Saunders flicked through a filing cabinet and pulled out a file. "They certainly had enough rebels to carry it out. Look at this cabinet." The agents all huddled around the cabinet Saunders was addressing. "It's filled with documents of rebel groups all around the world. Albert Salnekov had connections in the United Kingdom, France, South Africa, Australia, the United States and many more."

Dozens of countries were imprinted on the different documents, each revealing new plans to take over the world. 

"They were planning to execute Alexei Kosygin publicly tomorrow in front of the Moscow Kremlin and then let the council ruin itself so they could take over," Illya remembered the conversation he had overhead, "and then what?"

"Then, Agent Kuryakin, he would've notified other rebel leaders around the world to carry out their own mission."

Solo rubbed his temple. "Which is?"

"Terrorism attacks. There's nothing more damaging then terrorising the public, is there?"

Gaby grabbed a file from Germany and read the contents. It was filled with names of Nazi leaders who had managed to slip away and were joining the rebel forces. "The Nazi's are involved."

"Of course they are," Saunders rolled his eyes. "As usual those bastards will be trying to take back what they once had."

"I have a feeling you'll be informing us of our next mission, sir," Solo put down the folder from France that he was studying and turned back to the U.N.C.L.E. commander.

"You're feeling is right," Saunders smiled mysteriously. "You have a new mission starting in a week's time and a new location: London."

"Good American friends," Solo smiled happily. "Lovely."

"Not so lovely," Saunders held up the document marked with the United Kingdom. "Albert made a pact with the rebel Nazi leaders in the United Kingdom, that if everything else fails in Moscow, they're to still carry out the terrorist attacks in London. If the attacks happen in London, they'll be triggered around the whole world."

"And then the whole world will be on its knees."

"Exactly." Saunders passed the United Kingdom folder to Gaby and headed out of the door. "Enjoy your last night in Moscow, agents. It gets tougher from here on out."