Chapter 12: Knocked Out

Illya hadn't slept all night. He was pacing around the room. New emotions seemed to run through his head every second. When the morning light finally came through the curtains, he ran to the hotel suite a couple of doors away from him. He knocked on the door gently, before realizing they must still be asleep. He forcefully opened the door, making the weak lock open without much power needed. They were still asleep. He walked over to the bed, and his anger boiled when he saw Solo sleeping. His anger turned into red-hot fury when he realized they were both still locked in embrace. Everything around him was turning into a red blur. Before he could control himself, he plucked Solo out of the bed and threw him on the carpet ground. Solo woke up hastily, squinting and scared that the enemy was attacking. He looked up to see Illya, and the rage in his eyes.

"Illya..." Solo put his hands up in defence, yet to know what happened.

Illya growled and picked Solo up and flung him back on the ground. He couldn't say anything. He couldn't even breathe.

Suddenly, Gaby awoke, hearing the commotion in the room. She dizzily looked up at Illya standing over Solo. Illya ignored her and instead started punching Solo in the chest. Gaby's eyes widened when she finally processed what was happening and she screamed.

"Illya!" She cried. "Stop it, Illya! STOP!"

Illya could hardly hear her because of the anger he felt in front of him. Solo's lip began to bleed as he took in all the punches. "Illya..." he whispered between gasps, "you don't understand..."

Illya stopped punching for a second. "You don't understand." He interrupted, his mouth frothing. "You lying..." The punches kept coming again.

Gaby rubbed her eyes, her mouth wide open as she tried to erase what she was seeing. "Illya, please STOP!" She screamed louder than ever, but he still ignored her.

Instead, she swung her legs out of bed and ran out to where Illya was standing. She realized that Solo's face was dangerously bloody. She saw Illya had planned one last punch to knock Solo out. When the punch started coming down, Gaby threw herself in front of Solo. Illya's punch would've missed if she had a spare split second to move. Instead, the punch hit her square in the cheek, missing her nose, which would've been broken. But seconds after she took the punch, she stared at Illya as darkness surrounded her. She was knocked out.

Solo got up from the ground and wiped the blood from his nose. He rushed to the bathroom to get a wet towel. When he came back, he saw Illya cradling Gaby's head in his arms. He could've sworn he saw tears in the Russian agent's eyes, but they were quickly gone when Illya realized Solo had entered the room again.

"You bugged the room." Solo shook his head. "Peril, how could you do this?"

Illya didn't look up from Gaby. "You promised you wouldn't touch her."

"You thought it was like that?" Solo sighed angrily. "It was never like that."

Solo left the room to go into the bathroom again, as more blood was coming out of his lip and nose.

Illya picked Gaby up and laid her on the bed. He left the room, unable to face her when she woke up.