Chapter 6: The Train

The station was filled with different languages and people. It didn't look like Minsk, Belarus, anymore. It looked like a different world where people from every corner of the Earth came to meet. Gaby grasped Solo's arm tighter when she saw all the commotion.

"Look at all these people, Solo," her eyes were wide as she processed her surroundings.

Solo smiled at her innocence, and patted her dainty hand, which was resting on his arm muscle. "Have you ever been outside of Germany since these missions started?"

"No," she shook her head. "I always stayed in that garage. I liked it, but I didn't like the people."

Solo looked at the words flutter out of her mouth. He had always been in the city of New York, where industry and the economy were blooming; the bright lights, pretty girls and few problems had always surrounded him. He could only imagine how different Gaby's childhood was to his.

"Do you think Illya will be here soon?" Gaby shook his arm slightly, turning his attention back to the real world.

Solo smiled. "Peril won't miss it, don't worry."

Their train cabin was nicely decorated, with two beds on the side and a table pressed in the corner. Gaby pulled back the lace curtains to look out of the window, catching a final glimpse of the city of Minsk. "How long do we have to be in here?"

"Eleven hours." Solo laughed. "So sleep tight, darling."

Gaby huffed at him, before seeing the sarcasm in his eyes and she giggled. "Remember what Illya said, Solo."

Solo looked at her, surprised. "You heard that?"

"I'm not stupid." Gaby laughed. "Even if I didn't hear, I know he would've said something to you before getting here."