Steve Imagine

"What's up gang?" I said as loud as I could once I entered the Curtis house. It was Thursday morning, and I had come early enough to see Darry and Soda hurrying to go to work while Pony was rushing to catch the bus.

"Hey (y/n)-has anyone seen my shirt?" Soda was shirtless running around the house, which would've been funny if I wasn't so embarrassed.

"H-hey (y/n)" Steve was on the couch, with a blanket covering most of his body. His nose was red and there were used tissues everywhere.

"Steve! Are you sick?" I smirked and crossed my arms, "Is Steve Randle sick?" He coughed and glared at me. I chuckled.

"Steve, I don't know if you can stay here. There isn't going to be anyone here. Me and Soda are going to work, (y/N), Two and Pony are going to school, Johnny's with Dally at Bucks...."Darry started say.

"Darry...if there's no one to take care of ol' randle here, I can just stay with him,"

"Are you sure (y/n)?" Darry cocked his eyebrow.

"yeah I'm sure. I'll be fine! You guys don't worry about Steve!" I smiled and Darry nodded. The boys all left and I turned back to Steve.

"Y'all don't gotta worry 'bout me-I'm fine see?"Steve tried to argue, but then had a sneezing fit/

"Thanks (y/n) it means a lot to me that you'll skip school for me," he muttered. I smiled, "Yeah well, I'd rather be with you than go back to Hell. Oh I mean school," I giggled and Steve chuckled. I turned on the tv for Steve and left to the kitchen.

"There's nothing good old chicken soup can fix!" I quickly made some chicken soup, something that my mom had taught me can make you feel better, basically anytime.

As I waited for the soup to boil, I started to daydream. I started thinking about Steve.

Steve is my best friend. he's a really great guy, and he's nice-to me anyway. I would love it if he were my boyfriend. I have a secret crush on him. I took the fact that he was sick to spend more time with him. He is just so handsome, and the fact that he's always spending his free time on cars, he takes off his shirt and he just shows off his muscles, it jus-

The chicken soup was boiling-hard and loud-It brought me back to the real world. I quickly poured some into a bowl and got a spoon for Steve.

I walked in the livingroom to see Steve hypnotized by mickey Mouse on the Tv. I smiled.

"Steve your soup is ready," I handed it to him. he just stared at it.

"You know,"He smirked, "I'm going to need someone to feed it to me," I blushed and rolled my eyes.

"Gosh Steve. even when sick you're so whiny," Steve pouted and I finally gave in. I fed Steve, slowly, spoonful by spoonful. I tried not to make eye contact but it was hard to do it when your crush was staring right at you.

"Why are you staring at me Steve?" I almost whispered it. He managed to lean in.

"I like looking at pretty things," I pursed my lips. here goes nothing.

"Steve, I-I got somethin' to say," He nodded, "Steve, I-I like you...." He smiled.

"I like you too," I blushed heavily.

"You-you do? Why?" he chuckled.

"Well for starters, (y/n) you are beautiful. You're smart and athletics, you are sweet, generous and humble. You were willing to skip school for me! I've had a small crush on you for a while.I was just scared you'd reject me(y/n). I was scared you wouldn't feel the same way.

I set the chicken soup down on the ground besides me. I smiled at him and caressed his cheek, getting closer to his face.

"Oh Steve," I said leaning in closer, "How could I not like you?" I noticed he leaned in even closer. I quickly glanced down at his lips, as he did the same.

When our lips touched, it was amazing. I felt like the whole world stopped. he still had a fever, so his lips on mine were warm. I smiled into the kiss.

Unfortunately, he pulled away, "I don't want you to get sick(y/n)" I smirked. "Who cares! I've been waiting for this moment for a long, long time. A little fever ain't gonna stop me," I said as I kissed him once more.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I groaned as I got up from bed. My head hurt like crazy, and my skin was litterly on fire. I still managed to get ready for school and head to the Curtis house.

"hey guys," My voice was really bad and croaky. I groaned some more and slumped on the couch.

"Hey babe," Steve bent down and kissed me on the cheek, then got back up with a perplexed look on his face.

"Baby you're burnin' up!"He felt my forehead, and so did Darry.

"yeah (y/n). I think you'd better stay home," I nodded and layed on the couch. Steve crouched down so he was eye level with me. he smirked.

"Guess it's my time to play doctor, huh?"