Johnny Cade

I sat in the park to read my favorite book. I was on the third chapter when someone stood abocve me.

"Hey (Y/N). Can I sit here?" I looked up to see one of my best friends Johnny smiling down at me. I nodded and scooted over to make room.

"Watcha reading?" he asked.

"Only my favorite book in the world," I said showing him the cover, "So watcha been up to?" I asked. His smile faded as he looked at his hands rested on his lap. my heart sunk. i hated seeing Johnny like this.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Well, I might as well tell you. My parents have been rougher than ever. now they're using..sharp objects...." He rolled up his sleeve to show red marks on his skin. I gasped and touched them lightly. I looked at his face full of shame.

"Oh Johnny...." he started to tear up a bit.

"I just can't stand it. i'm done. So many years of this...it's gotta stop. i'll kill myself or something..." Johnny started to say.

"No!! Johnothan Cade I swear if you hurt yourself in nay way i'll...I'lll...." I grabbed his hand, "I promise you I will help you with this. but you gotta be strong. All i'm saying is that I need you in my life. I love you way too much for you to even think about suicide. Somehow, you and I are gonna get uout of our terrible homes," I too had a busive parents, but not as bad as Johnny's. 

I hugged him and smiled as I felt his arms wrapp around me. His breath tickled my neck.

When he pulled back, he had a grin on his face.

"So....you love me?" I smiled and blushed.

"Well, I've had a crush for a long time. It was about time I told you right?" I told him, "i don't want to see you like this Johnny. I hate  it when you're sad, and when you cry," I held his face. I wiped his tear away with my thumb. He smiled and grabbed my hand. He bit his lip and kissed my cheek. I stood there for a few seconds before a wide grin appeared on my face.

"Will you be mine?" He asked.

"'course Johnnycakes," I said as I quickly pressed my lips against his.

"I love you (Y/N)" he whispered, pullling back.

"I love you too Johnny,"